Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do nude pictures of parents help judges decide who should get custody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
    I want you to say that a woman who gets beaten up because she asks to eat a meal and then divorces him is partially at fault for the marriage break down.

These platitudes sound nice but are BS. Sometimes breakdowns are the fault of one party, sometimes they are the fault of both but generalizing isn't right.
    I agree so hopefully you will stop painting all women with the same brush.

Comment

I agree so hopefully you will stop painting all women with the same brush.
      Stop trying to discredit me by claiming I am sexist.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
        Keeping it classy, isn't a concept some can grasp.
        Normally the hypocrites want to "keep it classy" because they can continue abusing you while you "keep it classy". I agree not publishing it on Facebook but acting like your ex-spouse's indiscretions are trade secrets is giving them license to be dishonest with others, people should know that your ex-spouse is untrustworthy. Its also a matter of preserving your reputation with friends etc.... otherwise your ex-spouse gives "their" version of events which is fair but leaving out critical parts like "she gave my best friend a blow job" is misleading .

The same way if somebody cheated you in business. Marriage contracts are still contracts, breaking them is very easy so when somebody cheats it is just a symptom of their dishonesty.

Comment

Preserving your reputation with friends is a non issue if you have good relationships with them and they truly know who you are. If their opinion of you would be changed by the rantings of a spiteful, biased individual, they probably aren't the people you would want as friends anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
            Preserving your reputation with friends is a non issue if you have good relationships with them and they truly know who you are. If their opinion of you would be changed by the rantings of a spiteful, biased individual, they probably aren't the people you would want as friends anyway.
            Another BS platitude. Sounds good on a quote website but a lie.

1. Your reputation is important, you can in fact sue for damages

2. Not every friend is your best friend who believes everything about you and if they are told that you beat your wife or were neglectful or even that the marriage broke down because you had even what could be considered "minor" issues it will color their view of you. No reason any of my friends should think anything less of me because my ex-wife happens to be a prostitute... I should come out unscathed

Comment

I believe when a couple separate, so do their friends. So it's quite possible 2 stories are told.

Apparently, my daughter left when " the money ran out" not when alcohol and violence became the lifestyle.

Funny how 2 different people see this.

Comment

My partners kids hate his friends and family because they "took his side". People in his former town would go up to him in the grocery store and ask him why he was so cruel to his ex. The stories he gets now are that he was abusive and angry and ruined their lives and stole all moms money. If you think its easy for him to take the high road youre mistaken. He does though. Finds the words he can, bites his tongue, screams in a pillow you name it. Of course people who know him and his ex will believe what they want from either party. Divorce makes people ugly.

Comment

Reminder:

Children often see themselves as being made up equally by both parents. If you present one parent as "bad" they may in fact see themselves as "bad".

I don't see why anyone would ever bother telling children the reason for a separation / divorce. It serves no purpose.

My advice would be to move forward and leave the past in the past.

I would quote Justice Mossip on the "the TRUTH" and such but, I am sure everyone is sick of me quoting it and anyone curious about what I am talking about can search for it on this forum.

Good Luck!
                  Tayken

Comment

Do nude pictures of parents help judges decide who should get custody?

My mom told us my father was a selfish cheater who loved women. At 13 you dont understand these things. You think mom and dad are supposed to love each other for life. Why she felt it was necessary to constantly remind us my father loved other women before us is beyond me but it messed us all up pretty good. As an adult I was able to understand the complexity of relationships and how two people can screw things up. Kids cant process that crap so parents need to leave their animosity towards each other away from the kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                      Reminder:

Children often see themselves as being made up equally by both parents. If you present one parent as "bad" they may in fact see themselves as "bad".

I don't see why anyone would ever bother telling children the reason for a separation / divorce. It serves no purpose.

My advice would be to move forward and leave the past in the past.

I would quote Justice Mossip on the "the TRUTH" and such but, I am sure everyone is sick of me quoting it and anyone curious about what I am talking about can search for it on this forum.

Good Luck!
                      Tayken
                      To be fair, I think this is an anglo-saxon thing. My parents were always very honest about our family, extended and otherwise and didn't sugar coat people's shortcomings / addictions / and were quite honest about their relationship stresses and troubles. Nothing TMI, but I agree with the poster upthread who said that children deserve more than platitudes. And while I don't want to do a post-mortem with my Ex, knowing where I effed up or what I could have done better will hopefully better compass me in future relationships.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                        My mom told us my father was a selfish cheater who loved women. At 13 you dont understand these things. You think mom and dad are supposed to love each other for life.
                        Even adult children of divorce have a hard time processing this sort of thing. It's been proven by countless studies (no, I don't have case law or web sites to back my claim, go find it yourselves ).

I've never felt the need to trash my Ex husband by giving my son the lurid details of our marriage gone bad ... he lived with both of us and has his own opinions about what caused the divorce.

As for friends/family not getting "the truth" according to Ex or me? The ones that matter - the smart ones, have not taken sides and I appreciate that more than BS black or white loyalty.
                        Last edited by Janibel; 04-08-2016, 12:20 PM. Reason: typo, need more java

Comment

Originally posted by ensorcelled View Post
                          To be fair, I think this is an anglo-saxon thing.
                          No. It is not a race, religious or gender related issue. It is a matter of good versus bad parenting.

Comment

Originally posted by Janibel View Post
                            Even adult children of divorce have a hard time processing this sort of thing. It's been proven by countless studies (no, I don't have case law or web sites to back my claim, go find it yourselves ).

I've never felt the need to trash my Ex husband by giving my son the lurid details of our marriage gone bad ... he lived with both of us and has his own opinions about what caused the divorce.

As for friends/family not getting "the truth" according to Ex or me? The ones that matter - the smart ones, have not taken sides and I appreciate that more than BS black or white loyalty.
                            I agree. My son is an adult and can/has make up his own mind. He thinks we are both to blame but resents his father for what he "perceives" as having treated me since the divorce. He has lived with me since divorce, not his father.

Son has witnessed my frustration as well as the small fortune spent in court since our divorce. It is very hard to disguise this from someone you are living with. I do try to remind my son from time to time that his father will always be his father - regardless of our divorce - and how iimportant it is to try to maintain some form of relationship. I frequently bring up memories of the 'good old days' with the hope that my son will give his father a break and call him. Son has sadly decided not to communicate with his father any more. Very sad. I can't imagine living a life without my own father.

I agree that it is does not make sense to trash the other parent to the children (adult or not). Talking shit to your kids about your ex is merely a low/back hand way of trying to get to your ex through your kids. Pathetic really.

DON'T "EX TRASH-TALK" TO YOUR KIDS. With or without any sort of religious upbringing "do unto others as you have them do unto you" (The Bible) makes sense yes?

Comment

Another thought about this topic is that I think if your kids have to live with both you and your ex and you trash-talk your ex to the kids..... don't you think that is a form of child abuse? Kids can't do anything about where the court dictates they have to live so what good does it do to tell them how terrible your ex is? Why should kids have to listen to this? IMO it is abuse not 'reality.' If kids want to know "the truth" about why you and your ex split up they can read all about it when they are adults and form their own opinion (although if they have been put in the middle of things I would hazard a guess that they will move across the country when they are adults).

Comment

I think everybody agrees that "trashing your ex" is not helpful.

Some people seem to think that the children (when they are older - use your discreation) should never know the causes of the divorce. I don't believe actually that no child will never NOT find out why their parents got divorced, it just doesn't seem realistic.

Obviously everybody has their own version of the "why" but even hearing the 2 perspectives will perhaps help the kids in there own future relationships to avoid the same problems.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X