No announcement yet.

Advice for a stepmom!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well ripping off your child will never be reasonable. I will say my husband's ex sucks as a parent. Anyone who thinks it's ok to take your kid's money after the whole point of going to court is to get support for that kid is also a crappy parent.

My SD pays all her own expenses, my husband pays monthly support, plus my SD is being forced to pay rent. What costs does her mother have in this situation then? None! I can't understand how a mother can be so selfish.

Comment

And the whole point of this is not that a parent can't charge their child rent when they are working full time and living at home, but my SD is going to school full time still. Would a judge not decide that the money should be paid directly to my SD if she's being forced to pay rent and live as a tenant, not a dependant. She's technically not a dependant if she is paying rent to her mother.

Comment

There really isn’t anything you can do in this situation except continue to give her support and encouragement.

Your husband could step in and threaten to stop cs but since the ex has done this before to the other kids, she wont stop.

If he was to go to court to stop cs he could attempt to have it ordered ex pays her share of school expenses but again, kid may have to party to the matter and ex seems to do what she wants.

Really, kid needs to handle this herself and try to endure for the next couple of years. It wont kill her and she will learn a valuable lesson about her mother.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
          There really isn’t anything you can do in this situation except continue to give her support and encouragement.

Your husband could step in and threaten to stop cs but since the ex has done this before to the other kids, she wont stop.

If he was to go to court to stop cs he could attempt to have it ordered ex pays her share of school expenses but again, kid may have to party to the matter and ex seems to do what she wants.

Really, kid needs to handle this herself and try to endure for the next couple of years. It wont kill her and she will learn a valuable lesson about her mother.
          I definitely understand what you're saying, but it sucks for someone to learn a lesson that way. It's sad that someone can care more about money than their kid. I hope that karma comes to bite that woman in her rear so hard. I'm not saying that my SD should take the easy way out in life, but she should at least get a good start if her mom is receiving support already anyway. I hate that I can't do anything.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X