Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Questions

Firstly,

I have sole custody and have for 7 years. Other parent only gets EOW access.

1. There is a clause in our order that says I can’t unreasonably deny additional access time. Is me saying no because I want to spend time with the child unreasonable? I don’t use this as a reason to not give time, but there are some times that I want to spend more time with my kiddo.

2. Is there any point between a CC and trial where a judge can say it’s not going to trial based on no evidence?

3. Because Cc briefs are not on the continuing record can I mention offers to settle on them?

You have 70%+ time with your child already. How much additional time do you need versus what they want? Is it really that big of a deal?

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
      You have 70%+ time with your child already. How much additional time do you need versus what they want? Is it really that big of a deal?
      Well I mean with my work and their school plus them wanting to play with their friends I don’t get as much time as you think.

Comment

And the other parent gets much less. Should they be denied some extra time?

Comment

Originally posted by hetnad View Post
          Well I mean with my work and their school plus them wanting to play with their friends I don’t get as much time as you think.
          Yeah I have to see this as being selfish.
          It sounds like you like the luxury of spending time with your kid whenever you feel like it OR you simply want the child support.

Life gets busy and time is fleeting you will need to use it more wisely.

Comment

Yes that is unreasonable. The other parent only gets EOWE. Let them have that time.

Comment

1. There is a clause in our order that says I can’t unreasonably deny additional access time. Is me saying no because I want to spend time with the child unreasonable? I don’t use this as a reason to not give time, but there are some times that I want to spend more time with my kiddo.
              Yes it's unreasonable. Your ex could say the same thing.

2. Is there any point between a CC and trial where a judge can say it’s not going to trial based on no evidence?
              No. Someone could bring a motion for summary judgment, but a Judge doesn't just cancel the case.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X