This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spousal support, duration?

hello, i did post a jurisdiction common-law break-up earlier in the day, I did forget to ask if anybody would have some insight on the spousal support issue
    in which a justice placed a temp order. here are the facts
    -7 yr common law relationship, 1 child
    -my income is 80,000.00.
    -her income was 45000.00 but she did quit her job and uniliaterially moved to Ontario with our now 2-year old son
    -the guidlines say i should pay 1750.00 a month and the justice lowered it to 900.00 because of access costs and she quit her job voluntarilly.
    -900.00 was based on no income, she now earns 24,000.00.
    -I am paying child support of 500.00
    -we are attending a settlement conference shortly, what could i expect for amount and duration? would anybody know, have a good day

For the benefit of your child, see your introduction thread.

They can voluntarily leave a good job - so why couldn't you so that it reduces hardships that you will most likely face in fostering a relationship with your young child. Children of that age require frequent interaction with both parent's to foster bond and stability.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X