View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 12:03 PM
representingself representingself is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 992
representingself is on a distinguished road

You need a specific, regimented access schedule, if your ex is not willing to be responsible and reliable for a flexible schedule.

This should have been done in your separation agreement.

If not, the standard is 1 or 2 weekday evenings, and alternate weekends.

If his schedule is accomodating, I would send him a letter offering...

Every Tuesday and Thursday evening from the end of the school day until 7:30 p.m.

Alternate weekends, from Friday at 6:00 p.m. to Sunday at 6:00 p.m.

Once you send him the letter, try and enfore it yourself. If he continues to be unreasonable, you may have to ask the courts to enfore it.

It is imperative that children have stability and the courts will easily award you a specific access schedule.