This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How far back can i go

I gave my X everything: house, equity, she kept her new business, no alimony for me (she earned double). Now she is threatening me with all sorts of law suits (because she's nuts), and her second husband is a lawyer. He is using her to remove me from my daughter's life, and to secure what follows next.
    She sold her business for a substantial amount @ 1.5 years ago. My divorce proceedings commenced @ 3 years ago; my divorce was finalized @ 4 years ago. Because of her antics, I am considering a revisit of the "terms of our divorce!" Am I allowed to go back to the courts after 4 years of no alimony?
    Any and All Advice, is greatly appreciated.
    Dawg

Originally posted by RedDawg View Post
    ...her second husband is a lawyer...
    I think I dreamed that nightmare! You lost in the second husband lottery!

Comment

If you settled your terms of divorce, chances of revisiting it that much down the road is slim. Notwithstanding that, if you should get some funds, how much do you think it will cost you to get them?

As for your daughter, if you have a court order providing for parenting time/access, you continue to advise them that you will be exercising the ordered time via email (in a nice level headed email, no emotion, no BS....like you were writing a judge). Show up at the prescribed place and get your kid. Should the child not be provided for exchange, you document it and after about 3-4 instances of denial of access, you take them to court for contempt and request a) makeup time, b) an enforcement order and after a few instances of contempt c) a change in custody.

Comment

Thanks HAMMER.
        dwg

Comment

Slim to none of the chance of reopening the divorce settlement. You'd have to show that there were significant assets hidden that you were not aware of, or the judge would have had to have erred in law when making the judgement to reopen.

As long as everything was disclosed properly, you can't reopen it.

In terms of the access issues, do what Hammer has indicated. The judge will eventually get tired of seeing you and hearing about her antics, and will eventually issue a smack down. Focus on being a good father, and ensuring you are utilizing ALL Your access time and being involved. (ie. school meetings/activities/etc)

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X