This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LV,

You probalby noticed that my quote was from the same web site as yours. You do post some very valuable information but I guess it's the distilled info that would best help.

Form your post I gather that pension income is included when determining child support. I also found a reference to income taxed at a lower rate being taken into consideration as well.

So, based on the Canadian laws, it would seem to be a double whammy to the parent who is subject of this thread.

In the case of Afghanistan, I still believe in the statements I made earlier in the thread. And, if a 3 year average is applied to the payor then he will have to pay an increased support amount for an event that was beneficial to him for only one year. It would take a great salesman to convince me that such a treatment was fair.

GKTT, Venting anger and causing havoc? You lost me! I don't know what you're talking about.

Comment

of course you don't

Comment

Dad of two,

Ultimately it would be up to the Judge's discretion to input an income if the matter went to court. Those rules apply for matters that are before the court if the issue of payable child support has gone that far. The difficultly with the danger pay is that it is not consistent income in the future. How often is a tour of duty? How would one input an income. Is it morally correct to do so? I see your point.

Just today, the first female military personnel was killed in Afghanistan. bringing total killed to 16.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/nation...istan-cda.html

Under the family law act, the parties may engage in a separation agreement. The parties may also determine the amount of support. It does not necessary mean that the determined amount of child support is not reasonable because it is not guideline amount.

as an example,

If 50 dollars is on the line is it really worth litigating? What is the value of peace between the parties. If parent's are litigating, the children will definitely feel the stress.

I realize regardless of the custody regime is in place for the children whether it is sole, joint, shared whatever arrangement; when the children are with a parent, it is going to cost that parent money to feed and cloth the children and also have necessary items in that parent's household. Extra costs are incurred for the children perhaps just to have an outing to do something together.

Often what is forgotten is access travel regardless of the regime in place.
        If access and contact is the child's right, Is it not proper to suggest that BOTH parent's should be participating or as an alternative provide an equal monetary contribution to same.

lv
        Last edited by logicalvelocity; 05-17-2006, 10:54 PM.

Comment

My ex's pay is also tax free as he works in and out of Afghanistan. Ask for pay stubs, not income tax records.

My ex is not military. He is a Civilian Defence Contractor. He is Canadian and is paid in Euros. We request pay stubs and letters from his employer to prove his income. So far it is working.

Comment

My fiancee receives a pension from the military plus works. That non taxable income has to be grossed up and added to line 150 and then you have the table amount he is supposed to pay. That is what we were told anyway.

Comment

I disagree with making bio dad pay more based on the danger pay. If you don't include it, you are making almost the same amount he is yearly.

YOU are bring home just shy of 42,000 a year. (25,000 wage + 8400 CCTB + 8400 CS). HE is bring home around 47, 600 (50,000 Wage - 8400 CS + 6000 disability).

If you are also receiving UCCB for both kids, you are at 44,200 per year.

How much do the special expenses come to each year? How much extra do you receive on your taxes for being able to claim all the deductions for the kids?

I'd be willing to bet if you factor those things in, YOU make more than HE does.

25,000 is minimum wage levels....maybe you should look into upgrading your skills or finding a job that pays more?

Comment

Ask for copies of pay stubs

My ex is a civilian defence contractor (NATO deployed) in Afghanistan and his income is completely tax free. Get a court order for pay stubs and/or court records and make sure full disclosure if you really want to nickle and dime while he serves his country.

Comment

If your relationship is good, then just try to negotiate. Good luck
                  Last edited by mummer1962; 06-03-2011, 06:49 PM. Reason: not interested in commenting

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X