Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex threathens me to hurt my parent. What should I do?!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex threathens me to hurt my parent. What should I do?!?!

We have married for only a year and I found that my ex didn't love and but just used me as a toll to come to Canada. He's now in China (he can't come back to Canada without the immigration paper). My parents are in China as well. I loved him and sacrified everything for this man. I feel so hurt that he just used me to immigrate to Cnaada. I thought for a long time and finally talked about separation with my ex yesterday (atcually we physically separated for a couple months already), he was acting crazy and called me bithch and yelled at me using all the dirty words. The most horrible thing was he threathened me "Ask your parents to be careful, I will for sure do something to them! You too! I promise u will have a hard time for the rest of your life!"

I'm really so scared right now and I want to divorce from him right away!!! but i know I have to wait for a full separation year to legally apply for the divorce. By the way, we dont' have any children

My questions are:

1. after this one year's separation, can I apply for the divorce without his signature? Will the Judge approve? I will submit all the evidence that he used me as a tool and the wording he threatened me

2, If i happened to meet someone within this one-year separation period, can we legally date? Or I shoud wait until the end of the one-full year separation? (we dont' have any sepaeration agreement at all. he will not sign anything for me)

Pls help!! Thank you

Any replies will help me a lot!! thank you!! i'm soooo depressed and really needs comments from you.

Comment

I'm sorry... I have no experience or knowledge about divorce cases. My husband and I only deal with Family Law with regard to child custody and support issues. I'm sorry that you are feeling down and at a loss. I hope you find the answers you seek and begin your road to recovery. All the best.

PS: Have you visited FLIC (Family Law Information Centre) - It's a clinic that gives advice and information, free of charge. It's located in every court house.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X