OCL reconsider accepting case - success with letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCL reconsider accepting case - success with letter

Anyone have experience/success sending letter to OCL Legal Director, requesting to reconsider accepting case?
    If so, please share your experience.

Received call from OCL stating they declined my intake application (following court order) on that a s.30 assessment was conducted less than a year ago.
    After discussing the (private assessment) June 2013 assessment summary where clinical issues were identified (parental alienation of s10), I stated that the clinical issues have intensified in the past year.

s10 and d12 have no relationship with their father (for no justifiable reason) and the parental alienation is now pervasive. Court ordered reunification psychologist complained to CAS that the children were experiencing mental harm resulting from no relationship with father. CAS opened case, conducted brief interviews, closed case - stating (although acknowledging parental alienation from report) that kids are functioning in school, so they aren't experiencing mental harm. Reunification psychologist disagreed.

Clinical issues have increased, and my high conflict ex ensures alienation is strong. OCL (although mixed benefit) is a resource to utilize to expose the situation and protect the children. Psychologist opposed court involvement.

Appreciate insight of anyone who's had success with OCL reconsidering case and actually accepting it.

Originally posted by kidsRworthit View Post
    Received call from OCL stating they declined my intake application (following court order) on that a s.30 assessment was conducted less than a year ago.
    As they should decline. If you are able to retain a private assessor then the OCL should not be leveraged. OCL is like "Legal Aid" in my opinion and should only be for those that qualify financially.

As well, you have a very fresh Section 30 assessment you can rely upon. Why do you need another assessment?

You want to have the assessment you have reviewed, then hire your own expert to review the Section 30 report and leverage the Rules for bringing forward this expert, qualifying this expert and presenting that expert's evidence.

After discussing the (private assessment) June 2013 assessment summary where clinical issues were identified (parental alienation of s10), I stated that the clinical issues have intensified in the past year.
    This is not something the OCL can fix. Just like a Section 30 assessment they can only report as "experts" on the matte rand as they see it. If what you are stating above is true then you should have brought a motion, attached the Section 30 assessment and asked for the recommendations to be implemented or the matter to be moved to immediate trial.

s10 and d12 have no relationship with their father (for no justifiable reason) and the parental alienation is now pervasive.
    You alleged to have a Section 30 report explicitly stating a finding. Yet, you haven't brought forward a motion? Your story has some serious holes in it. If you can pay for a Section 30 assessment then you have qualified counsel and they should have told you what to do with the resulting report.

What I suspect is that you are reading more into the assessment report than what has been written. You are not happy that it basically says nothing (as most do) and you wanted it to state that you are the all good parent and the other parent is the all bad parent.

Court ordered reunification psychologist complained to CAS that the children were experiencing mental harm resulting from no relationship with father. CAS opened case, conducted brief interviews, closed case - stating (although acknowledging parental alienation from report) that kids are functioning in school, so they aren't experiencing mental harm. Reunification psychologist disagreed.
    Did you bring a motion to support your argument and present an affidavit form the "reunification psychologist" to support your concerns? I see lots of mentions of other people's opinions, even professionals, but no motions have been filed... !!!CONFUSED!!! as to why you wouldn't have filed a motion on the expert opinion, report and CAS findings??

Clinical issues have increased, and my high conflict ex ensures alienation is strong.
    Nonsense. You continually come here barking that the other parent is "high conflict". How does one not know you are the party to blame? See my advice above... You haven't brought a motion on any of the evidence you are presenting here as truthful.

Suffice to say... I think you are full of it and none of the above is truthful because if it was... You would file an emergency motion with the supporting evidence you suggest you have above.

OCL (although mixed benefit) is a resource to utilize to expose the situation and protect the children. Psychologist opposed court involvement.
    No, OCL is like a Section 30 assessment. Why did the psychologist oppose court involvement? They refuse to testify? Simply bring a motion asking that the psychologist be ordered to questioning. Then have your lawyer question them under oath.

Appreciate insight of anyone who's had success with OCL reconsidering case and actually accepting it.
    OCL will not reconsider your case. You have a Section 30 assessment. The court will expect both parties to go back to the assessor and do an "update" / "refresh" of what you already have.

Your story is odd...

Good Luck!
    Tayken

Comment

so the father is the one doing the PA but the kids have no relationship with him??

Comment

I suspect the OP is the father.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X