Trial and Child Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlmostThere_Hopefully View Post
    Because I work in I.T. ex thinks I should make more. Brought job postings from employment websites for jobs I am not qualified for. Judge said bringing job postings does not constitute my being imputed. I currently do software training which is a branch of I.T. Ex says according to my resume I could be working in a different branch of I.T. that would pay more. Thing is, the jobs ex is claiming I should be doing I can't actually do as I don't have the qualifications. I have a Job Skills contact and she said the jobs she would send me to have an average salary of $45k-$55k.

I would stay the course. Don’t offer up an imputation of income. My ex purposely dropped his income by reducing his hours... after 8 years of making the same money. I was told too bad. And it’s not enough to fight over. He totally did it on purpose so child support will be lowered. And he still makes more than me. Go with your gut. You sound more than fair. Your ex should have took the offer with 20k more. Greedy people should lose for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=Mom 2 Two;235806]I would stay the course. Don’t offer up an imputation of income. My ex purposely dropped his income by reducing his hours... after 8 years of making the same money. I was told too bad. And it’s not enough to fight over. He totally did it on purpose so child support will be lowered. And he still makes more than me. Go with your gut. You sound more than fair. Your ex should have took the offer with 20k more. Greedy people should lose for sure.

Thanks for the advice

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X