Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to measure income for Section 7 Expenses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its also important to note that you dont have to agree to every s7 expense. If the ex wants to put kids in multiple expensive activities and you disagree you can say no.

And my $100 comment was about tax benefits for sports activities which I think the govt scrapped but it was an example for the subsidies and tax benefits application. I dont consider tax deductions the same as the uccb.

Comment

Originally posted by good_mom View Post
      Simple overview

Parent A line 150 is 40k

Parent B line 150 is 35K

Add both together= 75K

Parent A 40k devided by 75k times 100= 53%

Parent B 35k devided by 75K time 100= 74%

This doesn't add up???

Comment

in my husband's case, his ex receives $1000 In CCB every month plus the CS of $1200 and her salary... she has about $4,800 in disposable income monthly yet, she did not sign up their son into baseball since she feels that $130 fee for the 8 weeks session should be paid 75% by my husband and 25% by her... That is where sometimes things get ridiculous... I understand that CS and CCB is not ALL going to the child directly but I don't get how someone can have that much money for their children and yet not put $130 towards a sports...

Comment

Depending on their incomes and how much her cs is, $130 isn’t section 7 either.

My partners ex is like that too. She wants to split a $20 fee meanwhile she makes $100,000 and gets $600 a month in cs.

Your son won’t suffer though. Lots of kids can’t participate in activities and they do just fine. When he does spend time with dad, make it count and kid will see how things are.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X