View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 06:49 PM
logicalvelocity logicalvelocity is offline
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,943
logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity


One thing to remember is that periodic spousal support is tax deductible and lump sum is not. The court order or separation agreement would have to be filled with Revenue Canada and they would review the deduction and perhaps cross reference your ex's income tax return to verify she is claiming the received spousal support amount as an income.

Remember to ask for shared access costs in the form of an order in regards to the children access travel. Access is the child's right and upon saying that both parents are responsible for the cost of the child's access travel.

There really isn't any specific law that deals with access costs. As a rule of thumb, old school jurisprudence; the courts made the non-custodial parent to born the costs of all access travel. However, We are in a new age and more and more courts are ordering that the children's access costs be shared between the parents which is rightly so in my eyes as access is indeed the child's right.