Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other side not playing nice, so should I do same?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other side not playing nice, so should I do same?

Should I play their "game"? The other side's lawyer is slime and throws wild lies all the time in to their written submissions and in front of the judge. So, I am seriously contemplating sinking to their level to "level" the playing field. Actually, I we recently set up a 4 way meeting (it will occur in 2 weeks) to show them some of the many "cards" - actually my ex has an important government position, and I have lots of dirt/secrets that he told me that would totally ruin his career, and probably get him arrested (which would solve many problems). I plan to threaten to tell them that I would go to the press, and/or inform their superiors of the TOP SECRET information that they frequently leaked/divulged to me. I hate to do this, but it seems the only way to get them to stop trying to imply that I am a bad person and stop them from wasting money by constantly dragging things out and creating motions.. So, my question to all of you knowledgeable people is, "Should I go ahead and make the threat?"

No.

What you are proposing is insane and would make you look even crazier than your ex.

Comment

So this is going to get you the money that you feel you are entitled to?

Have you asked your lawyer this question?

ex·tor·tion
      ikˈstôrSH(ə)n/
      noun
      the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats.
      synonyms: blackmail, shakedown; formalexaction
      "arrested on a charge of extortion"

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
        No.

What you are proposing is insane and would make you look even crazier than your ex.
        This, exactly this. I was typing a long post in response and lost it. But Stripes said everything that needed to be said.

Comment

It's not about the money. It's the custody of the kids that is the most important thing here. My ex is positively crazy - and yes, he was arrested and charged with making threats - which he confessed to. My ex is bi-polar and has MANY severe OCD issues. The kids are too young to endure his wrath. For me, I just want all of their lies to stop, and if making this "threat" (just a threat) in a 4 way meeting (where we all sign something that says none of this can be used/referred to later - like what you do for mediation) - then at this point, I think it is my only option.

Comment

Oh. Well in that case.....

....it's still wrong, insane and bordering on (if not entirely??) illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
              So this is going to get you the money that you feel you are entitled to?

Have you asked your lawyer this question?

ex·tor·tion
              ikˈstôrSH(ə)n/
              noun
              the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats.
              synonyms: blackmail, shakedown; formalexaction
              "arrested on a charge of extortion"
              Be it money or custody of the kids, extortion is extortion. Any agreement made under such means is invalid and would be tossed by the courts if/when challenged.

Further, your own lawyer may drop you because they won't want to be a party to such methods.

Comment

If my ex gets custody of these young kids, their lives will be ruined. If that is the case, I would be making my way to a country with no extradition order with Canada. (Guess I might want to be learning Croation now?)

Comment

Originally posted by KidsAreWorthIt View Post
                  If my ex gets custody of these young kids, their lives will be ruined. If that is the case, I would be making my way to a country with no extradition order with Canada. (Guess I might want to be learning Croation now?)
                  I hope your ex reads this message board.

Comment

OK then, an anonymous tip to CSIS or CSE and let them deal/arrest him then.....problem solved.

Comment

Nope, he does not. Too concerned with his mistresses - yup....plural one there boys!

Comment

You may want to take a step back from the keyboard. What you're posting can be used against you in your case and nobody here can protect you if a court order is issued to provide information related to your identity or posts.

Find someone to talk to about your feelings in a private, confidential environment. Like a shrink, or a counselor of some kind.

For the love of god: Stop posting.

Comment

So in a four-way meeting you're going to say "unless you give me the kids, I will reveal to the media all the TOP SECRET information you have leaked to me over the years"? Forgive me, but that sounds like something a delusional person would say. I don't know what the truth of the matter is, but if you bring this up in mediation you will lose all your credibility.

If your ex has a medical diagnosis of OCD and bipolar disorder (determined by a real psychiatrist, not Dr Google) which he is unable to manage with therapy and medication; and if he has been convicted for uttering threats, this will all be salient in determining parenting arrangements. You don't need to add to the crazy.

(Also, if he's as whacked-out as all that, the TOP SECRET information he divulged to you may not be as TOP SECRET as you think it is)

Comment

(This may not actually be KidsAreWorthIt - because this is just so over the top and the previous posts by this username aren't crazy. Is it possible to hack ODF?).

If this really is KAWI - I agree with Blink, you need to stop talking about this on a public Internet forum.

Comment

Croatia was a joke.l I have lived her all my life and I enjoy Canada very much.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X