14 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi thanks all!

I do feel for my children but I am stronger this year and don't feel the need to please everyone.

Sadly last year I offered several alternatives several dates and times he refused all and never saw them at Christmas he refused all of my offers.

I just wanted to make sure I'm not appearing controlling And being controlling and by posting sometimes you get a different view.

Comment

Then maybe it's time for YOU to say, "unacceptable." If it's a real possibility that he may not return the child (on time or otherwise), child doesn't go until you have information. Sorry.

Why is he being such a jerk? I've watched your story over the last year and am convinced we were married to the same person.

Comment

Originally posted by ringettteplayer View Post
        Hi thanks all!

I do feel for my children but I am stronger this year and don't feel the need to please everyone.

Sadly last year I offered several alternatives several dates and times he refused all and never saw them at Christmas he refused all of my offers.

I just wanted to make sure I'm not appearing controlling And being controlling and by posting sometimes you get a different view.
        Offer this to your ex!
        https://www.pinterest.com/pin/533465518331544683/
        Be strong my dear!

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
          She will go with what he wants to simply please everyone at Christmastime. It is what all good wives/mothers do. Keep the peace right?
          Damn you Arabian, my eggnog is struggling to stay down .... lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Janibel View Post
            Offer this to your ex!
            https://www.pinterest.com/pin/533465518331544683/
            Be strong my dear!
            Hahahahahahahahaha! Awesome.

Janibel - Little early for "eggnog" no?

Comment

Haha thanks for the laughs!

I know I sound like a martyr and im far from it I'm just f'king getting drained emotionally from his bullshit.

ahh well time for some caramel baileys in my coffee !

Comment

I feel for you, I have a difficult ex who refuses to give any contact information also.

My answer to anything, Christmas or not, would be a big fat no without an address and a phone number. That is unacceptable and your right as a parent to know where your children are.
                Until you have that, don't even waste your time considering his 'offers'.

Enjoy your holidays with the kids

Comment

So this is my dilemma i have just been legally advised to ask again for the address.
                  But what I don't get is why do I have to re ask?
                  why is it so difficult to just volunteer the info the first time? Why isn't that good enough for a judge to see??? Why do I have to give the other parent countless opportunities??

Is this lawyers just ringing up the bill?

Comment

So this is my dilemma i have just been legally advised to ask again for the address.
                    why is it so difficult to just volunteer the info the first time? Why isn't that good enough for a judge to see??? Why do I have to give the other parent countless opportunities??

It could be to prove in court that YOU are being reasonable and the EX is NOT. Be sure to do your asking via e-mail so that you will have something to show. The proof is in the (Christmas) pudding lol!

Comment

Yes thanks that's the only thought I can come up with as well!

And Har Har Har pudding I need stronger eggnog lol

Comment

So not sure how long ago you had asked for the contact information, but perhaps your legal counsel wants a current request to show you had given your ex ample time to ample time to set up his accommodations. Just thinking he could come back with a story of how he was getting things all sorted out for christmas and would be letting you know as soon as. Make sure you put a requested by date in the email. So it is clear you need to know his location or plans for a location by this date. Therefore if he comes back at the last minute and tells the judge he was working hard to figure it out you will not look impatient and controlling. Just a worst case scenario thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Janibel View Post
                          It could be to prove in court that YOU are being reasonable and the EX is NOT.
                          I have been so let down by this concept. My X has been unreasonable every step of the way, including refusing to pay table child support until a judge made him do it, didn't file anything on time, didn't show up to two Case Conferences in a row.... on and on and on....

And what was his consequence? NOTHING. Most cases are settled before trial. A judge will never know that your X was being an asshole. No consequences, just rewards. Nice system.

Anyway (rant over), Beachnana is probably right.... and the lawyer is probably tying to ring up the bill too.

Comment

Qrious, you're right about there not being any consequences unless it goes to court. We have filed emergency motions, interim interims, contempt of court and served 2 notices all for nothing. I've figured it out and have disengaged from the whole process.

FRO is handling what it can, the rest will be dealt with in court. I've told my lawyer that I was sick of all the games and to get me a trial date asap.
                            Our case will go to trial since there was criminal DV and no possible mediation.

Comment

Hi thanks I empathize and sympathize (sp) for your situations I too have the same court orders ignored including appointments and support all court ordered all ignored and some how I keep getting put in the seat to show that I am reasonable?! No repercussions on him at all. No setbacks no punishments if you will.
                              Very frustrating indeed and disheartening to say the least.
                              Well mauntenace enforcement does what it can but meanwhile back in reality.......

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X