Private access exchange institutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private access exchange institutions

Does anyone please have any recommendations for a private access exchange location service in Toronto?

We were using a government one which is currently closed and not sure when/if they will open.

Thank you in advance, for any input.

Can you just do it at a police station parking lot? It isn't ideal but it is free. They have cameras everywhere so any shenanigans would be recorded.

Comment

I have requested that so many times via her lawyer and they always say that it is inappropriate.

Ironically she has called police numerous times and fabricated lies and fake accusations.

Comment

What does your agreement say?

Comment

Access centre and times and dates.

Comment

She stopped all access during Covid for 75 days.

Eventually she agreed to start access again right before I brought an urgent motion.

We agreed to a neutral site.

Everything was going ok but she started her shenanigans yesterday and I want to simply use a private access centre as she started to become unhinged yesterday.

Comment

I would propose the police station, and then say that if she is able to find another location you will accept that alternate.

"As you are aware, the access centres are closed. It is in the best interests of the children that parenting times are still respecting, especially during the pandemic. I propose that we do the exchange in the parking lot of the local police station located at 435 BlueThugs Way.

If you have an alternative proposal, I would be happy to exchange in an alternate location. If you do not have an alternate location, I will see you Friday at 1pm!

Sincerely,

Donny"

Comment

Perfect!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

Comment

I used to exchange the kids in the police station lobby. Best thing I ever did!

Comment

I would love to and have requested that for years but they always say no.

I need to make a change now because of what happened this past weekend.

If I request as Janus indicated and they say no, do I simply say that I am going to bring a motion?

It was very uncomfortable for my toddler as she kept him in the car and refused to let him out as she was ranting and trying to provoke me.

I just stayed very calm and kept repeating that I want to start our visit as she tried to escalate.

Comment

The police station wont do anything for you if she is claiming threats or verbal abuse.
                      One reason i am not for them or the child exchange places is that it is weird for the child.

The age of your child matters if they can walk and bring there things simply letting them do the checkpoint charlie thing. There is no reason she has to be in close proximity to you or talk to you during the exchange.

If your current order says Access Center and your Access Center closed and other access centers are open then a motion sounds like a no brainer.

Find one in your area with good prices, ones that can make a report for you on how the exchanges go and accommodate extra free exchanges if return is done in a short time.
                      Ask for it then ask for dates the lawyer is available for a motion. Have your paper work and evidence lined up beforehand then just do it and ask for costs.

Comment

Question:
                        If the court order says the children are to be exchanged at the YMCA Access Center.
                        -a direct replacement is found
                        -the ex and her lawyer refuse to implement a suitable replacement

does that mean the lawyer and the ex are in contempt of the order?

Comment

No, the court order says the YMCA (and usually has the address), you can’t unilaterally change it any more than the other party can. It isn’t contempt to follow the Order. If it isn’t a mutual change on consent then your only options are to follow the order or file a motion to change (and include proof you tried to resolve this without the court).

Comment

Originally posted by pinkHouses View Post
                            Question:
                            If the court order says the children are to be exchanged at the YMCA Access Center.
                            -a direct replacement is found
                            -the ex and her lawyer refuse to implement a suitable replacement

does that mean the lawyer and the ex are in contempt of the order?
                            No, they are not in contempt, they are following the order.

However, they will likely lose a motion to change and have to pay costs. Parents have two obligations:

1) Follow the court orders
                            2) Agree to reasonable changes in court orders

If you don't do the first, it is contempt. If you don't do the second, then you lose cases and have to pay costs.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X