View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 01:13 AM

gooddadgoingmad is on a distinguished road

This is all interesting for sure. My lawyer, if I am remembering correctly, has informed me that undue hardship doesn't actually exist is NFLD when relatiing to spousal support. It is only in relation to child support. She said that spousal is determined on a case by case basis. I have looked through the web and cannot find anything to support or dispute this, so I'll assume she knows what she's talking about! HA! Lord knows I pay her enough to know what she's talking about.

It's funny because I cannot seem to find anywhere, where there are exceptions for cases where the payor has an extremely high cost of living. I see lots of tests that compare household incomes and such, but the fact still remains that it will cost me at least 3 times as much money to support myself then my stbx will require. I would imagine that the judge will accept this informatioon from my lawyer.

I still don't understand standard of living. How my ex could benefit from my large salary which I received AFTER we separated...when while we were together we liviing on 3 times less than I make now. Why even ask me for my last three years of income tax assessments?