X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mess View Post
    Everyone on this board is a wanker.

"While "to wank" means "to masturbate", the term "wanker" is seldom if ever used in British slang to denote "one who wanks". It is quite wrong to infer from somebody's being a wanker that they in fact wank (and vice versa), but of course, fair to assume they do in any case.

Herein lies the genius of the insult: if you call someone a wanker, it's probably true, but only literally.

I suppose it all originates from our repressed Victorian sexualities, from back when everybody thought they were the only ones to suffer the secret shame of being an actual wanker.

Most children these days learn the word "wanker" long before they learn its literal meaning.

You're such a wanker.
    Oh gosh! How did you know?

He lost both of his hands in a childhood kiting accident.
    What a wanker!

Wankers can't be trusted with their own dicks let alone anyone elses"

Comment

Yes Epona, she is making money at working...She was a big fish in a little pond wihen she was sponsored by a local barn to compete. With NO help from her father. Now, she is making money and contributing to her univeristy expenses, but they insist on taking her hard earned money although they NEVER contributed a cent to her sport.
      FYI she has supported her own sport for 5 years on her own with our help although her father earns 140k. She contributed 7 k to her university expenses lasl year. He contributed 4800 my only fight is that she only gets 4 k in studet loadn cause I make good money...he has to contribute....thats the law she is not a spoiled brat...she contributes..so do i and so should he...She has no problem contribuitng but lets look at the numbers..i make 40 k my partner makes 60 k and he makes 140 k....do the math .

Comment

Whoa mummer1962! I was just saying it's great she can make good money from working at a stable! :-) When I was that age, you'd be lucky to get minimum wage even at Olympic calibre stables (I was accepted into the 3-day event coaching, but broke my back), so I know of what I speak.
        "...they insist on taking her hard earned money although they NEVER contributed a cent to her sport." Who are "they" who "insist" on taking her money? If she's adult enough to earn the money, why is she handing her money over to "them" at their insistance?
        "...she has supported her own sport for 5 years on her own..." That's GREAT! Kudos to her!
        "She contributed 7 k to her university expenses lasl year" That's GREAT! Kudos to her! Many students receive NO support from either parent because parents don't have the money for it. Then there are student loans.
        "...she is not a spoiled brat." I never said she was or indicated so in any way. I don't know you, your daughter, your partner or your ex, so I really don't know where you get off being unpleasant to people who think it's great what your daughter is doing.
        "She has no problem contribuitng but lets look at the numbers..i make 40 k my partner makes 60 k and he makes 140 k....do the math . " I'm not going to do your math. I don't really give a ....... about your math.
        You are one angry person. Yeah, ideally he should be helping. We don't live in an ideal world. If I don't need my exes involvement and he doesn't want to be involved, IT'S HIS LOSS! Your daughter is old enough to tell "them", "I earned my money and I'm not giving it to you. I choose to spend it or invest it how I want"
        Stop assuming the worst of everyone here -- I think it's great what your daughter is doing -- that is my point. :-)
        Last edited by Epona; 06-16-2011, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Mummer1962 - why are you wasting your time here?

Nobody will EVER acknowledge on this forum that a father is doing wrong by withholding money from his kids. Give it up. There is tons of sympathy here for men who are struggling to make ends meet because of child/spousal support payments, but not for women who are struggling because men are refusing to make those payments. Women who take the position that they shouldn't ask for support from their exes are celebrated on this forum, and women who do expect support are portrayed as looking for handouts.

That is not going to change, so you might as well let it go.

Comment

canadamama -- you're generalizing and your comments are not a one-size fits all. In some posts, yeah, that is the tendency. In some not. There's sympathy here for any parent struggling for a fair deal for their kid(s). True, we don't hear both sides and maybe even some details are left out so the other spouse cannot definitely identify the poster.
            Both parents have certain rights and obligations for their child(ren). Sometimes the fight isn't worth it and the best thing someone can do is "let it go", because in the long run, there's less stress and aggravation on EVERYone concerned.
            Life isn't fair. Get used to it. Being right doesn't mean much if it turns one into a bitter person who can't enjoy life. Life is short and sweet, enjoy to the best that you can.
            If you're a few thousand $$$ less, what does it REALLY matter in the overall scheme of things? Sure, it means you can't afford to take the kids on a holiday out of the country perhaps, but you know, parents can have fun being tourists at home with their kid(s). It's just an attitude adjustment.
            Both parents should help raise their children, no argument there.

Comment

Epona -- I have to agree a bit with what Canadamama said actually. I find a lot of the posts here have ridiculously misogynistic tendencies. A lot of nonsense about how the courts are anti-father, women who only want money, etc etc. To counter it, I read a divorced woman's forum that is full of rants about cheating men who leave their poor wives...who never did anything but take care of them...for younger women with huge boobs. Reading it kinda evens me out after I come here....lol.

My experience so far with the court system is that they very much care about both parents having access to the child...that theme is constantly mentioned. They really don't tolerate either parent bashing the other and/or bashing their contributions to the raising of the children.

That being said..they do pay attention to the status quo of the parent who has done the majority of the child rearing up to that point. Often..because of gender roles...it simply turns out to be the woman and the court's position is to keep things "the same" as much as possible to minimize trauma to the children.

I find the bitterness towards one gender or another very distasteful. It cripples your ability to move forward in life and have normal relationships with new partners. I will never engage in that behavior. I dislike my stbx husband for various reasons...but he's not "every" man and I don't have the right to criticize his relationship with his children even though its different from mine so long he does things which demonstrate that he has their best interest at heart.

Comment

Originally posted by canadamama View Post

Nobody will EVER acknowledge on this forum that a parent is doing wrong by withholding money from their kids. Give it up. There is tons of sympathy here for parents who are struggling to make ends meet because of child/spousal support payments, but not for parents who are struggling because parents are refusing to make those payments. Parents who take the position that they shouldn't ask for support from their exes are celebrated on this forum, and parents who do expect support are portrayed as looking for handouts.

Fixed.

Comment

Oh come on Blink, give it up.

You're never going to teach them how to say in any sort of politically correct way, that FATHERS should just donate, pay up, and shut up.

Comment

Quite possibly, KS, but I know it drives them bonkers to have the truth in their faces allllll the time

Comment

"THE TRUTH! YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

More fathers shoud be like Arnold.

Comment

What....prolific breeders?

Comment

hahaha - didn't think of that ... but the daughter did work on a horse farm ...

no, more like, diddle and pay ... diddle and pay ... diddle and pay ....

Comment

Originally posted by canadamama View Post

Nobody will EVER acknowledge on this forum that a father is doing wrong by withholding money from his kids. Give it up. There is tons of sympathy here for men who are struggling to make ends meet because of child/spousal support payments, but not for women who are struggling because men are refusing to make those payments. Women who take the position that they shouldn't ask for support from their exes are celebrated on this forum, and women who do expect support are portrayed as looking for handouts.

Heh heh heh heh heh (sniff)

Bullshit.

Er... Cowshit.

Um, oh... er... Non-gender-specific-shit.

If you ever decide to take the time to do a little reading, you will discover that the majority of learned posters here don't care what gender a fellow poster is at all, nor do they have a problem with either women or men. What they DO have a problem with is people who wrap themselves in cloaks of righteousness while attempting to justify their abuse(s) of their children and the system.

It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that the majority of conflict discussed here involves custodial moms and paying dads: that's the majority situation out there. If dads were the majority CPs and moms NCPs, then we'd be listening to the dads whine about too little support and deadbeat moms, wah, wah, wah, quack, quack, quack.

It's simple statistics, not rocket surgery*

Cheers!

Gary

*thanks Blink

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X