View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 05:26 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

Mcbroke,

Quote:
I attended my Family Doctor's appointment in stead and he prescribed a morphine based painkiller to control the pain and arranged for an appointment with a surgeon, I just received another Settlement conference notice for June 20th,the lawyer or applicant did not ask me about my availability for this date as I am at work 40 miles away.
Out of common courtesy, the other side should check to see when your available for a case conference. It appears that you are having serious pain. Have you thought about consulting with your physician in regards to your ability to proceed with the legal matter. Perhaps your physician would recommend a hiatus from same until you are better and are able to handle the stress involved. Your health is paramount and should be put first before any court proceeding. The other sides claims is not urgent, they could of long ago brought forth an interim motion for relief but procrastinated.

It is surprising that the other side was able to book a conference 21 days away. Seems they are acting in an aggressive way to get some settlement. Makes you wonder what is their hurry!

I would complete new documents if you decide to go, with same contents different dates. Reason being, a brief does not form part of the continuing record and are to be returned or destroyed at the end of the conference.

lv