Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My COVID 19 Arbitration

Hi Everyone,

I have 50/50 custody and access of our son.

Miss Glad-She’s-Now-An-Ex has held on to our son for 20 days.

I had requested an Arbitator over a month ago because I knew with 100% certainty that she was going to do this because of COVID 19. We had previously engaged the services of an Arbitrator on an ad hoc basis as part of the court order to assist with abusive crap like this.

This arbitration process is taking place using a written submission process because of the pandemic.

To give you an idea just how unreasonable Miss Glad-She’s-Now-An-Ex has been, she submitted the following to the Arbitrator.

Access
    During the Pandemic, I want to have our son remain with me 100% of the time until the following conditions are met:
    • Mr. Dad can confirm that he is not infected with Coronavirus.
    • Mr. Dad can demonstrate that he has not left his house since March 12
    • Mr. Dad can demonstrate that he has not had any visitors at his house since March 12
    • The number of cases in the community is better as established by authorities such as Chief Public Health Officers, at the tri-level government.
    • Mr. Dad agrees to a provision for police enforcement should Mr. Dad not adhere to the access schedule.

Decision-making:
    • During the Pandemic, I want to have 100% decision-making regarding our son

The remaining 10 pages of her so-called “evidence” consists of unfounded assumptions, false allegations, and utter madness.

Now, I await the arbitrator’s decision.

DadWhoDidntGiveUp
    WWW.CUSTODY.WTF

Miss-Glad-Now-She-Is-An-Ex is completely unreasonable and acting out of pure abuse of control and power. Not in best interest of child which is to respect and promote child’s relationship with other parent.

Your ex is shooting herself in the foot. She should restore access immediately, with make u time, or suffer the repercussions for pulling that stunt!

Comment

Unbelievable. I hope this backfires on her so badly. As a mom, I completely disagree with the emotional damage she is causing her children not to mention the money she burning on legal fees for this nonsense. I would like to know if roles were reversed if she would accept those ridiculous conditions. Stay strong. A judge will slap her down.

Comment

I just went to your website and read your backstory. I'm so effen sorry for the years of bullshit you've been put through. I thought I've been living a movie the last 7 years. Clearly your ex has serious mental health issues requiring treatment. . How were you not given sole custody and her supervised access?????? I just don't get anything about family court anymore.

Comment

Your website is like a Netflix series. You can't write this stuff! Family Law is heinous, truly heinous. A complete failure for children, families and society. I am so sorry for this child. I wish you peace.

Comment

This is so difficult to read and fathom. How can the courts allow this to continue for this long? How is your ex able to litigate so relentlessly... Has she been/is she on legal aid?

I have my fair share of issues dealing with an unreasonable ex myself, latest being around this covid-19, similar to yours. Part of the reason, I think, it continues till date is that she has been on legal aid and doesn't have to worry about legal costs, like I do... Sigh!

I think it was Justice Pazaratz who once said in one of his rulings: Red Bull gives you wings but in this case, it seems Legal Aid gives you wings.

You should share the covid-19 ruling from Justice Pazaratz (there's a separate thread on it) and see if that will pressure your ex into dropping this BS... I plan to do the same.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Abba435 View Post
              Your website is like a Netflix series. You can't write this stuff! Family Law is heinous, truly heinous. A complete failure for children, families and society. I am so sorry for this child. I wish you peace.
              Thanks for your support.

Honestly, I hadn’t read my website in a long while.

Looking at it now, it really does sound like nightmarish Netflix series.

DadWhoDidntGiveUp
              WWW.CUSTODY.WTF

Comment

Originally posted by seeker101 View Post
                This is so difficult to read and fathom. How can the courts allow this to continue for this long? How is your ex able to litigate so relentlessly... Has she been/is she on legal aid?
                Thanks for your support.

Miss Glad-She’s-Now-An-Ex‘s playbook was straightforward.
                1. Make an accusation.
                2. The authorities investigate for 2-4 months.
                3. During each 2-4 month investigation, I attended a case or settlement conference.

Her lawyer would always state that Mr. Dad is currently under investigation and managed to get a delay with the first 3 judges.

This did not work with the last 2 judges who lambasted both the lawyer and Miss Glad-She’s-Now-An-Ex.

• Each investigation ended in my favour
              • A month or two after the end of each investigation, she would make another accusation.

• And that cycle went on.... and on... and on...

If you made it to the bottom of my website which details my 4-year custody nightmare, you will note that I had a few unkind words the authorities who let this vicious cycle continue under the section entitled ... “A FEW PARTING WORDS TO THE SYSTEM THAT LETS SH!T LIKE THIS HAPPEN”

DadWhoDidntGiveUp
                WWW.CUSTODY.WTF

Comment

Originally posted by DadWhoDidntGiveUp View Post
                Thanks for your support.

Miss Glad-She’s-Now-An-Ex‘s playbook was straightforward.

1. Make an accusation.
                2. The authorities investigate for 2-4 months.
                3. During each 2-4 month investigation, I attended a case or settlement conference.

Her lawyer would always state that Mr. Dad is currently under investigation and managed to get a delay with the first 3 judges.

This did not work with the last 2 judges who lambasted both the lawyer and Miss Glad-She’s-Now-An-Ex.

• Each investigation ended in my favour

• A month or two after the end of each investigation, she would make another accusation.

• And that cycle went on.... and on... and on...

If you made it to the bottom of my website which details my 4-year custody nightmare, you will note that I had a few unkind words the authorities who let this vicious cycle continue under the section entitled ... “A FEW PARTING WORDS TO THE SYSTEM THAT LETS SH!T LIKE THIS HAPPEN”

DadWhoDidntGiveUp

WWW.CUSTODY.WTF
                Right, but I was just wondering, how was she able to pay her lawyer and drag this matter out for so long? If it cost you a good $300k that could've been spent on the child, what did it cost her? How did she finance it?
                It would be a grave injustice if you were spending a fortune in defending these false accusations and the govt/taxpayers were paying her legal fees to make these allegations.

Did you ever recover at least a portion of your costs?

In my case, in 4 years of separation, I have spent close to $60k in legal fees including a criminal trial. CS and SS are settled but access/custody is still outstanding. All this while ex continues to be on legal aid so she doesn't have to worry about legal costs.

Aside: since last year and a half, I have gone self rep and only use sparingly use a lawyer off the record. That has helped me save probably $30-40k in just useless back and forth and settlement conferences.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just give the arbitrator this case law. You don't need to do much. Pazaratz made it easy for everyone.

https://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/...670#post241670

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                  Just give the arbitrator this case law. You don't need to do much. Pazaratz made it easy for everyone.
                  https://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/...670#post241670

Thanks!

I had seen that post in your earlier thread by you on this board — and I immediately forwarded it to the Arbitrator. I sent it to her 6 hrs after the final back-and-forth written arbitration submission process had completed.

Pazaratz’s decision has given hope to many people in my position.

Thanks again for sharing that information.

DadWhoDidntGiveUp
                  WWW.CUSTODY.WTF

Comment

That ruling is your best shield and sword. Good luck.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Miss Glad-She’s-Now-An-Ex has held on to our son for 20 days.

I had requested an Arbitator over a month ago because I knew with 100% certainty that she was going to do this because of COVID 19. We had previously engaged the services of an Arbitrator on an ad hoc basis as part of the court order to assist with abusive crap like this.

This arbitration process is taking place using a written submission process because of the pandemic.

To give you an idea just how unreasonable Miss Glad-She’s-Now-An-Ex has been, she submitted the following to the Arbitrator.

Access
                      During the Pandemic, I want to have our son remain with me 100% of the time until the following conditions are met:
                      • Mr. Dad can confirm that he is not infected with Coronavirus.
                      • Mr. Dad can demonstrate that he has not left his house since March 12
                      • Mr. Dad can demonstrate that he has not had any visitors at his house since March 12
                      • The number of cases in the community is better as established by authorities such as Chief Public Health Officers, at the tri-level government.
                      • Mr. Dad agrees to a provision for police enforcement should Mr. Dad not adhere to the access schedule.

Decision-making:
                      • During the Pandemic, I want to have 100% decision-making regarding our son

The remaining 10 pages of her so-called “evidence” consist of unfounded assumptions, false allegations, and utter madness.

DadWhoDidntGiveUp
                      WWW.CUSTODY.WTF
                      Unbelievable! A good friend of mine who is an assistant to a family law attorney said the level of emergency motions with situations like yours is through the roof. That being said, Judges are losing it on individuals like your ex because there's zero merits! I'm sorry you're going through with this and hope this is an amazing arbitrator who makes the right and best decision for your child.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

DadWhoDidntGiveUp
                        WWW.CUSTODY.WTF
                        I won the Arbitration.

Thanks for everyone’s support and assistance.

Thanks Kinso and Tayken for posting the information regarding the Pazaratz ruling — I immediately forwarded the case law to the Arbitrator upon reading your posts.

The Arbitrator cited Pazaratz in her decision.

DadWhoDidntGiveUp
                        WWW.CUSTODY.WTF

Comment

Amazing news!!! So glad to hear this!

Comment

• Working...
                            X