Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?

Hi. Here is situation.

Parent A has sole custody ( new partner) and EOW screw job. ( Yes is possible ) . Parent B (has new partner too)non-custodial with majority time with kids. Parent B does something really bad and loses all time with kids in addition to no custody. Kids with Parent A now full time with no access to parent B, for period of 2 years. NOW QUESTIONS

1. Does partner of Parent B have any rights/access to the children?
    2. Do step-children of Parent B have any rights/access to step siblings?
    3. Can Parent A be entailed for some children support from partner of parent B?

Thanks

Look up 'in loco-parentis'.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
      Look up 'in loco-parentis'.

thanks a bunch

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight View Post
        Hi. Here is situation.

Parent A has sole custody
        OK
        ( new partner)
        Who cares, why is this relevant, and why would you bring it up?
        and EOW crew job. ( Yes is possible ) .
        Sorry, meaning exactly what? They work every other weekend on a crew? So? Or did you mean "Screw job?" Is this where you bias lies?
        Parent B
        Ok
        (has new partner too)
        So what? Why is this relevant?
        non-custodial with majority time with kids.
        What does this mean? The other parent has full legal custody, but has a minimum of time with the kids? There should be a reason for this. The reason would have relevance to any further decisions.
        Parent B does something really bad and loses all time with kids and custody.
        Why aren't they in jail?
        Kids with Parent A now full time with no access to parent B, for period of 2 years.
        Parent A has sole legal custody and 100% physical custody for 2 years due to some (presumably) criminal act by parent B (because what else would warrant this?)
        NOW QUESTIONS
        At last.

According to you, they lost these rights 2 years ago for warranted reasons.
        What step children? They were not mentioned earlier. Why should they? Are there reasons why they should have contact? Do they have a demonstrable relationship with the the other children? How involved are they? Is there a case for this? I don't know, you have to make a case for it.
        According to you, parent A has 100% physical custody and 100% legal custody; why would there not be a requirement for parent B to pay CS? Make a case for no CS. Is the partner of parent B responsible? What is the case for this?

Thanks
        Sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
          OKWho cares, why is this relevant, and why would you bring it up?Sorry, meaning exactly what? They work every other weekend on a crew? So? Or did you mean "Screw job?" Is this where you bias lies?OkSo what? Why is this relevant?What does this mean? The other parent has full legal custody, but has a minimum of time with the kids? There should be a reason for this. The reason would have relevance to any further decisions.Why aren't they in jail?Parent A has sole legal custody and 100% physical custody for 2 years due to some (presumably) criminal act by parent B (because what else would warrant this?)At last.

According to you, they lost these rights 2 years ago for warranted reasons.
          What step children? They were not mentioned earlier. Why should they? Are there reasons why they should have contact? Do they have a demonstrable relationship with the the other children? How involved are they? Is there a case for this? I don't know, you have to make a case for it.
          According to you, parent A has 100% physical custody and 100% legal custody; why would there not be a requirement for parent B to pay CS? Make a case for no CS. Is the partner of parent B responsible? What is the case for this?

Sure.

Please re read post and then reply

Comment

Please re read post and then reply
            I did and made some minor modifications to my reply.

I get that you are asking about the PARTNER of parent. So what? Custody was lost due to some terrible act. What was this act, who performed it, who was aware of it? Was the partner aware or complicent?

You aren't giving any pertinent information, so there is no answer to your question.

Comment

Hi. Here is situation.

Thanks
              No;
              No;
              No.
              Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Sounds like parent B's new partner wants to be able to see the kids... wants their kids to see their step-siblings, and doesn't want to have to pay support for parent B's kids.

Comment

I get that you are asking about the PARTNER of parent. So what? Custody was lost due to some terrible act. What was this act, who performed it, who was aware of it? Was the partner aware or complicent?

You aren't giving any pertinent information, so there is no answer to your question.
                  No, I am asking about PARTNER of parent B, who was acting as parent for 2 years. Step-siblings were around most of kids lives.

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
                    No;
                    No;
                    No.

Super. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by paris View Post
                      Sounds like parent B's new partner wants to be able to see the kids... wants their kids to see their step-siblings, and doesn't want to have to pay support for parent B's kids.

Yes.That is the case

Comment

NO. Majority of time was lost for parent B due some horrible act by Parent B, partner of this parent was never involved in that act. Parent B NEVER cared about custody, as long ,as he/she had majority time with kids.

Sorry if my writing is not clear.

Thanks

Comment

It seems to me if you are writing about your own personal situation, your children are infants.

I do not believe the partners in this situation would have any rights whatsoever.

Comment

^^^ lol, ok well, notwithstanding the age(s) of the children, the answers are still:

no;
                            no;
                            no.
                            Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                              It seems to me if you are writing about your own personal situation, your children are infants.

I do not believe the partners in this situation would have any rights whatsoever.

Not mine. My relative is in this situation.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X