No announcement yet.

22-Months Common Law & Spousal Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyways, I still think their should be some 3 year college program on how to hook a high income chump, have his babies and shake him down for child support for the next 25 years, it would be epic. Sure as hell beats working - especially when the kids are in school and then you get the added respectable title of "Single Mother".... Winning all around forget about the fringe benefits of getting other guys and and having dual income sources.....

(I'm kidding CALM down....)

Comment

some 3 year college program on how to hook a high income chump, have his babies and shake him down for child support for the next 25 years

it would be epic
      I recommend the movie, downloaded and watched it early this week

Sure as hell beats working - especially when the kids are in school and then you get the added respectable title of "Single Mother"
      I personally can't see myself never working until I retire (even then). I have never been out of work, and always had a job since I was 9/10 (milk rounds on a float). Ex's sister in-law has not worked in over 20yrs and has just been staying home looking after 3 kids, the youngest of which is nearly 10. I'll never in a million years sign up for such nonsense, but some guys don't mind that

Eventually though, these stay at home people will have to get a life, when the kids grow up and move out. What will be the excuse then? I guess these are the people that end up working in their golden years at places often mentioned on here as greeters, cashiers etc
      Last edited by Mess; 01-03-2014, 04:59 PM. Reason: inappropriate comment

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
        Anyways, I still think their should be some 3 year college program on how to hook a high income chump, have his babies and shake him down for child support for the next 25 years, it would be epic. Sure as hell beats working - especially when the kids are in school and then you get the added respectable title of "Single Mother".... Winning all around forget about the fringe benefits of getting other guys and and having dual income sources.....

(I'm kidding CALM down....)
        That used to be called "Getting your MRS."

I want to point out the author of that blog describes herself as:
        Christian, wife, and mother. Against feminism and female suffrage. Pro- family and patriarchy. Imperfectly trying to live out Ephesians 5:22-33 and Titus 2:3-5.
        The conversation so far has been reasonable but let's not succumb to gender-bashing or stereotyping.

Comment

Getting the MRS degree is more respectable, The CSR Career Choice involves depriving people of their children, and finances and giving nothing in return a MRS provides something in return.

Comment

Just with regards to the parenting classes some of you mentioned. I felt like I was pretty much Mr. Mom when my son came home from the hospital. During the two weeks I was off and given that she had PPD, I was the one that:

- Figured out the car seat and used to put him in and take him out
            - I had my boy in the Master bedroom with me (he was in the bassinet) while she slept in the guest room
            - Sang songs to him and comforted him at every chance
            - Would put him to bed and take him to her for feedings only and change him and put him back to sleep after
            - Changed almost every diaper
            - Bathed him
            - I did everything in the house as well

Now, when i went back to work it was liked I committed a crime. I told her we needed a plan and I was committed to continue to take our son Friday nights through Sunday nights in my room and do all the above so she could have "me time". I also told her that I'd take him once I got home home from work during the week up until midnight so she could get some rest. My only ask was that I be able to get 5 hours sleep to be able to deal with the stresses of my job. I even offered to get her a night or day nanny for a couple hours. Bad move - i dealt with the "Wow, your father of the year" or "What man would ask for that, what support do I get during the day and you need sleep?" type responses.

Given that I was doing everything, do you think it's necessary to do the parenting classes to show the court I was involved? I do plan on taking infant CPR in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

the CPR course is a great idea. You may not need the parenting classes but you have to admit, it would look good for a judge and that is what matters the most here (the baby matters the most but in a custody/access case its what the judge sees or reads that's important). Presenting the most positive image you can will only help you.

Comment

Just a word of caution:

Just with regards to the parenting classes some of you mentioned. I felt like I was pretty much Mr. Mom when my son came home from the hospital.
                I also wouldn't bring up the post partum depression. Is it relevant? Likely not. AND it could get you in deep water. If you say she wasn't fit to care for the child because she was so depressed, maybe she isn't fit to work as well? Or it impeded her ability to work? In any event, PPD often comes along with having a baby. If you dropped a brick on your right foot and couldn't drive to go and pick up your child you'd expect someone to accommodate you in doing just that so you didn't miss out on seeing your child. By the same token, don't penalize mom because she had PPD.

Always pick and choose your words carefully. You might be a good father, but illustrate that with what good things you do and not by emphasizing what mom didn't do correctly. I think that will get you further.

Another thing that would be helpful is to have a plan. Do you know what to do if the baby is colic? If you have an emergency? If you are tired or sick or stressed when caring for the baby? Always have a back up plan in terms of family members and friends that can support you and assist you in any thing that life throws at you.

I can't say for certain that a parenting class would augment what you are seeking. But it surely can't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Hova View Post
                  Given that I was doing everything, do you think it's necessary to do the parenting classes to show the court I was involved? I do plan on taking infant CPR in the next couple of weeks.
                  If she hasn't come out and said in an affidavit you were "super dad" then parenting classes will help.
                  That said even if she did say that, parenting classes will still help.

They are a neutral third party account that showed that you participated in classes to be a better parent. To learn what to expect and how to deal with situations that arises when raising children.

It is a win win, no risk of loss other than the time it takes to attend.

Comment

It is a win win, no risk of loss other than the time it takes to attend.
                    No Doubt!

Parental classes today are no longer limited to new parents. You have classes that help you deal with a wide spectrum of parental issues like anger management, looking after children with special needs, dealing with bullying or abuse; there are sessions that deal specifically with raising teenagers, and frankly, there isn't a parent who would refuse help when it comes to interacting with teenagers.
                    Source

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X