This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text Messages

Are text messages allowed as proof in court? I know emails are sometimes used but I've been told text messages cannot be.

Thanks

I hope they work because I have 5000, yes five thousand NASTY emails from my ex that I hope to use in court to prove that what he's saying about me is not true. Isn't that proof enough? OMG if you could read some of them, he should be in jail!

Comment

I was just wondering this today. I thought that I might take my cell to a notary with my own transcript and get him to verify that the transcript was identical to the texts.

Comment

I save them all on to my hotmail account. Then one by one I imput them into a word document because if the judge see them all he'll have lots of toilet reading material. LOL I'll just highlight the very serious ones

Comment

Thanks for that information, as long as it shows how demented he is and how he is trying to turn the whole story against me, then I will do what ever it take to show what a good person I really am.

Comment

For what its worth..

You will be very LUCKY if a judge reads your affidavit before meeting you. A judge is unlikely to read through 100's of emails and text messages.

mominont

Comment

Can you get a print out of text messages from the cell phone providers? I got a new phone because my old phone battery died so Im wondering if they can do this?

Comment

I really don't think they keep everyone's texts. For example my 18 year old daughter sends 3000 texts and receives about the same every month (thank god for unlimited plans). If the provider kept every text on file, their computers would crash. That is why after every text to my ex, I forward it straight to my hotmail in case my cell would crash. Now if hotmail crashes...I'll kill myself LOL

Comment

My phone has an app called My Phone that syncs everything with my account online - so all my texts are stored there. Any phone with the Microsoft Mobile will be able to do that.

Comment

mamoosha, how do you set it up to forward to hotmail? Does it do it automaticly?

Comment

I have a blackberry and have all my texts from him forwarded to my hotmail account. I made a title with his name to store all the texts and now I copy them from my hotmail to a microsoft word in order to keep them safe and stored. so I don't lose them. It's kind of easy..my advice get a blackberry...you can do so much with that phone.

Comment

I just press a button that says "forward as" then it goes into the hotmail that I set up..So i guess you have to set it up that way

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X