kijiji lawyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kijiji lawyer

would you hire a lawyer who advertizes on kijiji and claiming to have years of experience?

Not without some research, same as any other lawyer.

Comment

OP....would you marry a woman from a dating site?

You get the gist, buyers beware. A pretty / provocative picture shouldn't be a reason for losing your sense of reasoning.

Comment

Chandler-Mason-billboard-small.jpg

Would you trust this guy? lol!!

Comment

Janibel: That's so funny!

Iceberg: At first blush my reaction was I would not. Then again Kijiji is just another communication tool. So I would consider hiring the lawyer provided checks on the person were done and a consultation was held.

Comment

^ but even then just like dating, you will only be hearing what the person wants you to know. The hidden agenda e.g. taking you to the cleaners is masked by affection and pretense

Comment

Originally posted by serendipitous View Post
              ^ but even then just like dating, you will only be hearing what the person wants you to know. The hidden agenda e.g. taking you to the cleaners is masked by affection and pretense

^^^But then again, if you don't take a chance you may miss out on the "lawyer of your dreams". Seriously, it makes little difference where you find one be it kiijii, online, in a newspaper or referenced by a friend. You'll meet the person eye to eye eventually and with any luck, your gut instincts will kick in.

Comment

Were you actually looking on Kiijji for a lawyer or did you must see it by chance and want to know if anyone would actually use such a lawyer?

I am not sure it would be my first place to search for that particular profession.

Comment

I put something on kijiji about my situation. I was contacted by a guy who had a very similar situation and won in court. We chatted for a bit on the phone and he gave me his lawyers contact info. She's now my lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Beachnana View Post
                    Were you actually looking on Kiijji for a lawyer or did you must see it by chance and want to know if anyone would actually use such a lawyer?

I am not sure it would be my first place to search for that particular profession.
                    I looked for one just to see if there are any. I heard that only low profile business' advertize there. But I assume if a kijiji lawyer has 10 years experience must be better than a legal aid lawyer. BTW, the old lawyer with 27 years experience refused my file due to her being busy.

And legal aid immediately found me another lawyer wanna be and now requires me to fax a letter why I am refusing her too.

The agreement with legal aid was if the old lawyer refuses me I keep looking for a lawyer and will ask them to appoint one only if I need to. So I have to put in the fax even WHY I dont want the lawyer they found today besides the fact that I dont want one from them at all, yet, as we agreed.

weird

Comment

As far as I know, legal aid will only appoint a lawyer to you if you are unsuccessful at finding one yourself. (really stuck)

If you can find one on your own, one who is willing to accept a LA certificate, I don't see how they can refuse you? Having said that , you can fax them that you are looking for an experienced lawyer due to the complexities of your particular case.

I think a kijiji lawyer would be a better choice than a legal newbie.
                      Last edited by Janibel; 05-02-2015, 07:59 AM. Reason: typo, need more java

Comment

I would recommend that when you interview the lawyer you ask how much experience they have in family law. Often lawyers advertise they have many years experience but then it turns out they have limited experience in family law. Another thing to watch out for is a lawyer who isn't willing to represent you in court (just wants to write letters).

Give them a very brief description of your situation and then ask them how they would proceed. This is the part when you have to shut up and listen very carefully to what they have to say.

I seriously called 3 or 4 law firms out of the yellow pages and left messages asking the receptionist to have the least expensive family lawyer return my call. I screened them out over the phone and made an appointment (which was not free) for the one who sounded the best. I ended up hiring this young man and I have been very pleased with his work (in and out of courtroom) over the years.

I don't think it would matter one way or another where the lawyer advertises. The person who advertised in Kijiji placed and ad which attracted you for whatever reason.

Comment

Just because its on kijiji doesn't mean that he/she is not good. I would prefer a kijiji lawyer over a legal aid one, if he/she comes with some experience!

Comment

I might hire a kijiji one but why would a good and experienced lawyer end up there in need for customers?

Anyway, we will see how it goes. Luckily my case is not too complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by serendipitous View Post
                              OP....would you marry a woman from a dating site?

You get the gist, buyers beware. A pretty / provocative picture shouldn't be a reason for losing your sense of reasoning.
                              You knock finding a woman (or man) on-line, but I'm thinking most of you met your ex off-line.....how did that work out? ; )

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X