This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Post article

Read this one as I was going through the newspaper. Hopefully it lightens some of your days.
    Inseparable: Couple married for 73 years, then died 48 hours apart | Canada | News | National Post

Reminds me of the movie, "Notebook",,, every woman's dream.

Comment

Brought tears to my eyes. As a divorcee I often marvel and am in awe when I see an elderly couple walking together, holding hands. Can't help but wonder, "How did they do it? How do they keep doing it?"

My marriage barely lasted 6 years and at the first sign of a disagreement where my partner wasn't going to get her way, she threw me under the bus and ran to the lawyers crying for SS, crying abuse, calling the police with false accusations so she wouldn't ever have to deal with me ever again, etc.

I asked for counseling and family support (dealing with infertility and resulting intimacy issues), she asked for divorce and spousal support. Really goes to show what kind of a person she really was.

Comment

Its funny though, people used to be married at the latest their early 20s and they did not go and sow "their seeds" so to speak. They fell in love and gave everything to the person they were with. We are busy not and everything is fast paced, including love. Most of us forget the person who we decided to get into a relationship in the first place with and only see a financial partner. I think that its important to sometimes be old fashioned, I am 5 years into my relationship and we still hold hands regularly, we still greet and send each other off with a kiss. Its always remembering those feelings we had when we first met the person we are with. Life is one big lesson, but you can't take what you learned to the grave with you.

Comment

FW13... in my marriage I felt that way and did try those things right to the end. The last event before my wife was left me was a kiss and a hug in the morning on the way to work, saying we loved each other and hoped for a good day. I told her that just because we are having some problems this year, doesn't mean that next year won't be better, and that I don't want a divorce over a few months of problems compared to a lifetime partnership.

Then she calmly called her dad, changed the locks, cleaned out all the bank accounts, took our son away from me and proceeded to destroy her own family and both our lives. And why not, the family law industry is there for her to do it... all no fault, no good reason needed, no responsibility for her decisions. Just tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars for her to enjoy without the hassle of having a husband anymore... and working to support herself? Why bother with that?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X