No announcement yet.

How can i make it stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear of your nightmare. I have a litigation-happy ex who takes me to court (thanks to the g/f who fills out all that paperwork because he is much too lazy to do it) every year just like clockwork. Sometimes 2 x/year.

Moving to another province didn't deter my ex. The move frustrates him as he has to go through interjurisdictional process now.

He loses each and every time. Yes I have requested, time and time again, that arrears be paid before he be allowed to file but after over a dozen appearances in court I haven't received that.

Past three judges called him dishonest and cited in their decisions all of his lies. Problem is, he somehow gets a judge in his province to take pity on him and they don't bother to check the file (which is so huge that it is on a cart).

Well ... it's September and I haven't been served yet.

In your case your children are of age (as others have said) to decide where they want to live. You have an order for arrears which is being enforced. That is a very good thing. Many people don't have that.

Get a new cell phone and refuse to communicate with him and his skank. You have to be strong about that and don't deviate. Don't discuss things with your children.

Moving is a very good option - I highly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
      I wonder if you can request he pay his arrears in full before he files anything in the future. I think that has been used as a deterrent.

He’s only doing it to upset you. As long as you don’t let him think it bothers you, it may reduce his enjoyment.

My partners ex is making him spend money. She knows shes not entitled to anything but loves knowing he has to pay a lawyer. Its a sick twisted game to them.
      We have to go through the courts but I, hoping to file so he must petition the court before being granted permission to refine anything and start a new process.

Comment

Originally posted by kate331 View Post
        I hope you are asking for costs along the way. That may help stop him. Do you have a lawyer or are you doing this on your own?
        Yes. He had to pay costs last time and will again this time. In the meanwhile I pay out. Yes I have a lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
          Sorry to hear of your nightmare. I have a litigation-happy ex who takes me to court (thanks to the g/f who fills out all that paperwork because he is much too lazy to do it) every year just like clockwork. Sometimes 2 x/year.

Moving to another province didn't deter my ex. The move frustrates him as he has to go through interjurisdictional process now.

He loses each and every time. Yes I have requested, time and time again, that arrears be paid before he be allowed to file but after over a dozen appearances in court I haven't received that.

Past three judges called him dishonest and cited in their decisions all of his lies. Problem is, he somehow gets a judge in his province to take pity on him and they don't bother to check the file (which is so huge that it is on a cart).

Well ... it's September and I haven't been served yet.

In your case your children are of age (as others have said) to decide where they want to live. You have an order for arrears which is being enforced. That is a very good thing. Many people don't have that.

Get a new cell phone and refuse to communicate with him and his skank. You have to be strong about that and don't deviate. Don't discuss things with your children.

Moving is a very good option - I highly recommend it.
          He doesn’t communicate with me. He does it all through my lawyer.

Comment

^great... he's racking up your legal bill. That's something i endured for years when my ex was either not represented by counsel or represented by an incompetent lawyer.

If you are getting feedback from CC judge that he has no case then one would think that you proceed to summary judgement?

I believe the vexatious litigant process would require you to file your own motion.

I just heard via my adult son that his father is going to take me to court again. My ex waits the 6 months from last Order before he files a new one. This is what his g/f lives for. So I expect things to get going again in December or January. Then it takes 3 months before I am served and so on. I am able to cut and paste from previous years' case.

I was divorced in 2010 and ex has been keeping me in litigation since that time.

I expect it to continue on indefinitely. It is what it is.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X