OCL pointers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
    Do you mind me asking what the arrangements for shared parenting time is now?

How did you guys get to that arrangement? lawyers on both sides?

My husband has a good lawyer- SUPER aggressive, but smart. She keeps pushing for increased time and unsupervised acess. and I keep denying until he gets help and does some type of assessment that, at least, says he's not a *current* threat to her.

I think our cases are diff. We had an agreement only when we split. Followed it for 4 years. Was legal and registered with courts. He stopped paying section 7. I filed motion to change to get them enforced. And he responded with sole custody claim
    He did it the wrong way. Judge let it go through. And now we are in a custody battle. I have had sole custody since nov 2013 which he gave me with no fight or issue. Now he wants them and it claiming all sorts of lies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by youngdad91 View Post
      The evidence of this bias is the ample recommendations for moms to have custody being laughed out of the courts and the fathers either being ordered to have sole custody (i.e., workingdad) or joint custody and equal access (lovingfather32 and myself).

It's not hard to tell from their body language when they are clearly against you and siding with the mother. If you're a sharp person, you can quickly grasp that and even further when you meet with them at the disclosure meeting and read their report. They think they are good at appearing impartial but have no idea how much they suck at it.

The OCL has a tendency to recommend sole custody to moms and little access to fathers. They don't seem to really appreciate father's in the life of children and some of them even have issues with men themselves.

How do the lawyers charge for this? I saw the number 24,000 tossed around in this thread...I have a job the mom does not ....

What kinda of formula is the ocl using to charge parents?

Comment

Originally posted by toronto_father View Post
        How do the lawyers charge for this? I saw the number 24,000 tossed around in this thread...I have a job the mom does not ....

What kinda of formula is the ocl using to charge parents?

I was told OCL lawyers are free.

Comment

We included court orders. I would include any reports that you feel are important.

Comment

My case has been accepted. Wish me luck. I’m so nervous.

Comment

Good luck! We have been through 2 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by gamma View Post
                Good luck! We have been through 2 of them.
                Why 2, if you dont mind me asking?

Comment

We have been in court for 3+ years. The last one, completed last week was an update.

Comment

Originally posted by youngdad91 View Post
                    Yeah I hated having to go through the OCL process. Took us over 8 months, and another 4 months just to get the report. Hold the OCL rep accountable, mine kept complaining that she did other things apart OCL and had workload issues and so kept delaying our file and was constantly late to meetings and over an hour late to the home visit. F*&C*&* ridiculous . It all worked out in the end for me though. Thanks to my lawyer for helping me dispute the report and for being prepared to take the matter to trial and rip the OCL female biased lady a new one.
                    I think I may need your lawyer. I was provided a disclosure meeting with an OCL and clinician and apparently they didn't care about any of the information (13 pages) that were provided beforehand. I have spoken with the two parties that were interviewed over the 4.5 mths of "through" investigating and both parties said it was all very strange. The first party said they were contacted, they had to chase down the lawyer. Then the OCL lawyer called her back 3 mths later and the call MAYBE lasted 1.5mins and two simple questions. The second party states that they spoke to the OCL lawyer called from her car and during a very short conversation, the call was dropped. The lawyer never called back to finish it or get more information. When I provided to that party the things that were said on their behalf during the disclosure party, they responded saying that all of that information is false and was never said. They stated that they are very concerned about it because it would seem by them that the OCL lawyer and clinician already had their minds made up prior to even investigating.

When I brought this up with my lawyer, I said I wanted to cross -examin them in court and he said that the court/judge frowns upon "surprises" evidence and that what I have come across as information should be shared with the OCL so that they may provide a response or give them the opportunity to investigate further.

Apparently, there is no report that is filed to the court unless the applicant and respondent still aren't in agreement and go ahead to trial, then the clinician is put on the stand and a report is written for the court.

I don't want to provide my information to give them the opportunity to re-create (cover their asses) a report of different statements making it like myself and my lawyer mis-understood anything.

There apparently no appeal process or anything. I don't know what to do now.

My lawyer notified the OCL lawyer that I had some issues with the disclosure and that I had some information to share. Her response was less than trusting and the phrase that stands out to me the most is:

"When you get the chance to complete your synopsis, we will happily review what you have prepared to clarify any mis-stated facts."

MIS-STATED FACTS!!!!!! WTH?

Has anyone ever gone up against the OCL? Is it possible? Is there a process?

I need a pitbull lawyer, I just want this done fairly with ALL the correct facts.

I mean, they spoke about how I filed a hit and run on my car but they never mentioned or looked up that my ex had his driver's licence suspended and no passport allowed due to non compliance of child support payments across three provinces!

I call bullshit on "THOROUGH" investigation by the OCL and clinician.

Please help [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X