S.7 non payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janus View Post
    CS is based off your income. It is presumed that you can afford to pay CS.
    Yes I understand. I was being facetious.

Comment

Would I file a motion for s.7 expenses? If so, which one? If someone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!

p.s. I love the friendly and sound advice of this forum. It is filled with a wealth of information and has saved my butt and stress levels quite a few times. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by leavingthestation View Post
        Would I file a motion for s.7 expenses? If so, which one? If someone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!

p.s. I love the friendly and sound advice of this forum. It is filled with a wealth of information and has saved my butt and stress levels quite a few times. Thank you.
        If you can't afford to send your kids to childcare how are you going to afford a court battle?

Don't be penny wise and pound foolish.

Furthermore, the children might be >12 years old before the court gets around to this making it moot.

Why >12? In many regions before and after school programs do not exist for Grade 6+ students. Just grades k to 5.

You might be better off finding alternative childcare than spending 10s of thousands on going to court for maybe 1000 bux at most.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
          If you can't afford to send your kids to childcare how are you going to afford a court battle?

Don't be penny wise and pound foolish.

Furthermore, the children might be >12 years old before the court gets around to this making it moot.

Why >12? In many regions before and after school programs do not exist for Grade 6+ students. Just grades k to 5.

You might be better off finding alternative childcare than spending 10s of thousands on going to court for maybe 1000 bux at most.
          I would self rep.

If she continues using the "I can't afford it" routine it will cost me thousands.

Why not try and rectify the problem now?

Comment

If its in your agreement for child care while you are working then put them in daycare and not day camps. Sucks for the kids but if your goal is to get her to pay then it will work better that way.

Section 7 expenses are challenging if they are things other than school and day care. There are plenty of cases where judges have said no to some stuff and yes to other forcing paying parents to cough up money for things they didnt agree to or not pay for things the other parent thinks are great. You cant say “im going to make sure she doesnt use that excuse” because she can and will use it and a judge will be the final decision. Do you want to spend the next five to ten years of your life taking time off work, sitting in case conferences and working on legal documents because your ex is being selfish?

If you want the kids in day camps then do it. If you want the money from your ex put them in day care. Self repping may safe you legal fees but it doesnt save you time and emotional distress dealing with it.

Its not worth it. She can claim she can’t afford it and won’t contribute and she is allowed to do so. Unless its necessary (look up reasonable, necessary and extra-ordinary in the dictionary) she can say no regardless of what your agreement says.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X