Blacklisted by lawyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blacklisted by lawyers

Hello to all, I am new to your site and appreciate any help. I have been blacklisted by lawyers in my province. Does anyone have any advice on dealing with it?

And how long do I have after trial to get access to an account where I believe money is hidden? I didn't appeal decision.

Well if you’ve been blacklisted you have been either unreasonable or extremely difficult or both. More than likely both. To deal with it you need to take a step back, look at your actions, understand why the lawyers have decided you are blacklisted and change your behaviour.

As for the account, if you were not provided access through the court process then you are most likely NOT ENTITLED TO IT which means there is no way to get to it.

Check yourself. Your circumstances are the result of your actions not someone else’s fault.

Comment

Thanks rockscan for the response. I do not believe that I am unreasonable or extremely difficult to deal with. You are very quick to judge when you are not aware of circumstances. I am sure most will agree that not all lawyers are fit to hold their license to practice law.

Comment

Originally posted by easter View Post
        Thanks rockscan for the response. I do not believe that I am unreasonable or extremely difficult to deal with. You are very quick to judge when you are not aware of circumstances. I am sure most will agree that not all lawyers are fit to hold their license to practice law.

You came here announcing you were blacklisted in your PROVINCE. Not just your city or regional area but your province. There are A LOT of lawyers in a province. The number of those unfit to hold a license is much smaller in that total. To be blacklisted by all of them speak volumes about you than them.

Your response also leads me to my belief since it is pretty standard for difficult people to use when on the defensive but please, share the details I need to know to not jump to judgement.

Comment

I have been told by two different prominent lawyers that the lawyer who represented me should be sued. Both had access to my file. But when they obviously checked my name they dropped me. Could they both be wrong in their statements?

Comment

Blacklisted by lawyers

I have been told by two different prominent lawyers that the lawyer who represented me should be sued. Both had access to my file. But when they obviously checked my name they dropped me. Could they both be wrong in their statements?

Some lawyers are like sharks and can smell blood in the water. Some also believe every sob story that comes in the door. Even if they had your file before your appointment, they don’t actually read it. Which means you went in, told them your version, they told you what they thought based on that version and then after reading your file, ran in the other direction.

It’s pretty easy to claim you’ve been a victim but when there’s a file to review and they see that you weren’t actually a victim, you aren’t actually a victim.

I also note too that you said some lawyers should have their licenses taken away yet you note “prominent lawyers” in justifying your behaviour. You can’t have it both ways—bitch about lawyers but then say they support your side. Those two who told you what you wanted to hear before doing the leg work are not great lawyers.

Comment

I was hoping this site was going to be helpful, but it seems that some members are quick to judge and have an axe to grind. Good conversation and maybe a little insight was what I was expecting.

Comment

You asked for advice on how to deal with being blacklisted and were given the sound advice to speak to one of the lawyers who blacklisted you if they will take the time to speak to you. If you don’t want to follow that advice that’s up to you.

You also asked for advice on how long after trial you have to access an account where you believe money was hidden. Rocksan answered that question as well, saying that if you were not granted access to that account during trial you are not likely entitled to any access to that account.

Both of your questions were in fact answered by members on this forum. You may not have agreed or liked the answers but they were provided. I doubt that you have been blacklisted from an entire province as that seems to be extreme. If you have been blacklisted in your city you can contact a lawyer from a different city for a consultation to answer your questions. If you have truely been blacklisted from your province you can contact a lawyer from another province but they may not give you the time of day because laws differ from province to province. You can also search canlii to see if there are any cases similar to yours.

If you have already gone to trial why are you not just accepting the final orders and moving on with your life instead of dwelling on the past? Let it go. Chalk it up to experience and move on.

Comment

I was hoping this site was going to be helpful, but it seems that some members are quick to judge and have an axe to grind. Good conversation and maybe a little insight was what I was expecting.

I don’t have any axes to grind. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it’s a duck. To say you were blacklisted speaks volumes.

But like I said, please feel free to argue as to why we should not see you as untouchable. I’m curious now.

Comment

I just had a look at the list of lawyers who were reprimanded in Ontario in 2021. We still have a couple of months to go and we have had 420+ so far. Is it possible that I may have dealt with someone in this group?

Comment

I just had a look at the list of lawyers who were reprimanded in Ontario in 2021. We still have a couple of months to go and we have had 420+ so far. Is it possible that I may have dealt with someone in this group?

You said you were blacklisted by laywers which means you were the problem.

Being reprimanded can be for many things but never because they fired a client for being difficult.

Comment

Blacklisted? Never heard of this before.

Comment

This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where the doctors are writing things in their chart and sharing information between each other but won't tell Jerry or whoever what they wrote (it was probably George).

1)
                          There is no blacklist but lawyers do talk to each other. So, be honest, why do they not say nice things about you?

2)
                          The system makes it easier to be a dirty lawyer then a goodie goodie so we end up with what we have.
                          Lawyers are often very narcassistic, that doesn't help.
                          They make mistakes and hide those from their clients, they don't want to give money back.
                          They will whipser sweet nothings in your ear telling you "you can get more", "you can break that deal you made just pay me and I will fight for you" and they will do it over the stupidest things. Many just want your money.

You can have a lawyer that is on a limited retainer.
                          -They will give you legal advice, review your letters, write your materials, they can also show up in court for you. Maybe that is what you need.

I hate to say this but you may also need some mental health help. It is a tough world and it can break/weaken the strongest. A little help to get you over this can make a huge difference.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X