View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 08:35 AM
Mess Mess is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,448
Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by HammerDad View Post
He can seek sole possession of the house. However, until he does so, she is entitled to live there.
NO she is not. She has a new residence. Taking any action that implies giving up a residence, like turning over a key or signing a lease somewhere else will result in giving up your right to reside in a premise. Please research some real estate and landlord/tenant law. This is not a family law matter, it is a property matter.

If her name is on the title, then she has ongoing rights to access with 48 hours notice, subject to reasonable restrictions (ie not in the middle of the night.) If her name is not on the title, then all she has is a financial share that was frozen on v-date.