procedure question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• procedure question

Am I right in believing only a judge can order a trial and that one can not simply file papers to start a trial without first trying a motion (15A)???

Latest threat:

"Agree to what I want or I am taking you to trial."

You do first have to do a motion to change, yes?

(Already have final orders, arbitration orders, thrown out 14B, and orders from a contempt motion).

procedure question

Yes only a judge can order a trial. The procedure is you file an application, them you have a case conference, settlement conferences sometimes many in order to solve some issues by giving advice, trial management conference , and them trial. Upu have to go through all these in order to go for trial.

You can however ask for speedy trial if u feel that the conferences are not helping with any chance of settlement.

Motions can be brought only dyer the first case conference and re the only way to get temporary orders. Judges don't usually make orders in conferences unless they are procedural.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X