View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 02:15 PM

Teenwolf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDad View Post
First prove entitlement. Meaning, she would have to show in some manner that she under-employed herself or passed on meaningful career opportunities for the benefit of the family.
"Family" catches my attention here. While she works a busy crazy schedule, I suppose it could be always argued that she sacrificed her career somehow for the benefit of *her* child. It wouldn't be for my benefit though. To date, she hasn't passed on any career opportunities, but the next career progression for her would involve a job with a lot of travel and wouldn't be practical with the needs of *her* child. So I'm not sure how "family" would be deemed in this situation. Keep in mind that in NS, unlike some other provinces, a step-parent has no obligation to pay CS, even if the couple were married.

Quote:
Second the financial test. If she makes less that 40% of the households net disposable income, then she meets that threshold.
Net disposable income = money left over after all bills are paid?

Quote:
SS is guaranteed, especially where the lesser earning spouse did not suffer any financial loss for the benefit of the household.
Did you mean *not* guaranteed? Seems to make more since in the context of the sentence.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!