View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 07:38 PM

nick2009 is on a distinguished road

Thank you Mess,
This afternoon i went to FLIC (newmarket, close to my office), what I was told is the same as what you said.

one of the purpose will be completing unfinished paperwork. the judge may order the respondent serve me their Financial Statement to me in one week or two. then there will be another case conference.

Another purpose will be narrowing down all the dispute for the second case conference or settelment conference.

i was told that I might need a motion after the first case conference for child access. Or if i am lucky the judge may make a temperary order about child access. I have not had a chance to see my daughter for 6 month. And during the last 3 christmas seasons, i was not allowed to visit my daughter. Hope the situation will be over soon.

as what I have metioned in my case conference brief that the court mediation is an acceptable way to solve the disputes. The court clerk of FLIC Newmarket told me that the judges like those positive proposals and result-orianted suggestions.

i just learned that my wife got a job last december, she now probably earns more than I do. But on her CC brief, she wants me to pay her the last 7 yeaar's spousal support, which I doubt her entitlement of obtaining spousal support.

the court clerk at FLIC said that I should ask my wife's Financial Statement even it is late and let them email me it. No matter what they did, at the end everyone will have to disclose all the necessary information under the law.

your said " In practice, 90% of Applications are settled out of court, but the Judge is there to look things over and require the party to provide the documents.", my understanding is that in 90% of cases the both sides will solve their issues by themselve. Does the court supervise the agreement reached by them? or the both sides just simplely walk out of the court and go together to find out a mediator and solve the issues. Does both sides will stop the legal procedure and drop the legal case and say bye bye to the judge and court.

Mess, would you please give me further information about What "... 90% ... " exactly means.

Thank you Mess, have a good weekend