View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 04:02 PM
onandon onandon is offline
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 31
onandon is on a distinguished road
Default Timely Submission of Documents, Or Not

What is a reasonable time frame for an estranged spouse to provide financial details?

Background - husband left Ontario to live in BC (retired, not working, has income, has not applied for CPP) December of 2017. Wife remains in matrimonial home. Wife has provided financials, husband has not.

It is close to 18 months apart now. Husbands lawyer is unresponsive at best. I suspect his client is the real issue. Lawyer has a decent reputation.

Is it necessary to get a court order to force husband to comply? Would a judge normally assign costs incurred to get the non-compliant spouse to provide his information? What's a reasonable time frame before going to court?

This is not a complicated situation, he could provide everything required in less than a day if he made an effort.
Reply With Quote