View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 09:03 AM

Tired_Dad is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry you're going through all this. I know what it feels like and hurts more than anyone could imagine. Some things to remember are... she's doing this out of vengeance/anger/jealousy, she wants to have control over you, she doesn't mind playing dirty, etc... Remember that this is not your children's fault! It never was and never will be. Stay true to who you are and always be upbeat and pleasant around them. It will only strengthen their idea that you are always calm, happy, approachable, etc... Same goes with all your family. Never bring up your ex to the children unless they do (and always make it pleasant and happy). If the conversation goes into serious questioning about affairs they shouldn't be involved in, ALWAYS keep them out of it by saying "that sounds important to you. This sounds like it's bothering you. You don't have to worry about those things. I will talk with your Mom/Dad about this and we will figure something out. Please know that we love you and will always do what's best for you". My children are older and I've done all I can to keep them out of it. My ex is constantly bringing them into it and now has our middle child committing illegal activities. I've been trying to get my ex to take ownership of a car for over 1.5 years. She just refuses to do it! She's now claiming that she's giving it to our daughter (when she hasn't put it in her name) and allowed her to drive it with expired stickers. Now our child has ordered stickers online (falsifying my identify) and then putting them on the car (opening mail addressed to me "federal offence" to access said stickers for the car! I've had to notify the police after I was notified about the repercussions to my if anything happened to the vehicle with expired stickers. That's how I found out about the illegal apprehension of the stickers. All I can say is that divorce seems to bring out the worst in people and can make them to horrendous things to get their way! My ex is coming after me for $$$... I'm at the point where I believe it's in my best interest to sit in front of a judge and have the judge tell me what I should do (and hear about all that my ex has done!!!). Good luck to you and stay positive for your children. It sounds like they will need you more than you know.