View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 09:07 AM
FL_Needs_To_Change's Avatar
FL_Needs_To_Change FL_Needs_To_Change is offline
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Northern Ontario
Posts: 1,261
FL_Needs_To_Change has a spectacular aura aboutFL_Needs_To_Change has a spectacular aura about

The general rule of thumb is that the law of the place of residence of the children takes precedence.
I would apply to have the case moved to your location, then submit a motion to vary both the child support and Spousal support and all other issues formerly settled in a Canadian court.
I would provide details on why you are requesting this.
IE seek that he did not provide a full and frank financial statement with which to base the support order.
Nor did he provide proof to support his financial claim, IE tax returns, T4’s etc.
Include a request to nullify the given that the children do not reside in Canada, and that the laws of your state should prevail. This alone should be enough for a judge in your state to review the case and void the existing order.

I am not familiar with state laws, and understand each state varies.

Best of luck