Thread: Consent order
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 03:26 PM
DowntroddenDad DowntroddenDad is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,702
DowntroddenDad will become famous soon enough

Sorry if I am dense, I don't see the issue.

He wants it in writing that he can have access. That is fair and reasonable.

The fact that he doesn't exercise that access is sad, as your child is deprived of their father. But that doesn't mean that he shouldn't have access should he decide to improve his relationship.

What is your objective? To change the order to deny him access? That isn't right either.

My only advise would be to do as other suggest and document his failure to exercise his access, so that if he asks for more, you can show the pattern, and then a reasonable judge would maintain status quo. Document the fact that you have done everything reasonable to be flexible with access, in case he wants to bring up parental alienation again.
Reply With Quote