Thread: Step-Parents
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 12:37 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Finally a discussion the facts.

I am not even denying the bio-dad abuse risks, the paper talks about it.
All I AM saying is there IS A SIGNIFICANT increase in risk and a SIGNIFICANT amount of girls seem to be getting sexually abused. The step-father vs bio father seems to be 4 times (mentionned somewhere else in the study) but a sole custody father situation invites major risks too... thats why my first comment was HOW BLEAK.

Quote:
Because the paper is subjective and "opinion evidence" that cannot be cross examined. For this purpose alone it would be removed from an affidavit as a schedule or removed from a trial record. Just because it is a "report" does not make it a "fact"... Nor does it make it a "fact" that would assist the trier of fact in trying to explain your ***CREEPY**** position ("cognitive distortions").

Opinion evidence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://fosterllp.ca/site/assets/file...rtevidence.pdf

And for all the reasons that PH and DTD have already stated.
I wasn't claiming the paper would stand up alone in trial but IF the writer was present and cross-examined it might (I wouldn't present this in court anyways)

Don't agree with other points, neither of the 2 links seemed applicable (I look at them)

It is "creepy" - I agree - its too stigmatized to discuss and it would reflect badly probably on me.