X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reduced Income

Hi

I recently received my ex's paperwork to do our 2012 annual review for CS and SS. Her income has dropped by $10,000. She quit her second job in Oct of last year (30 hours a month on the 2 weekends during my parenting weeks which are wed to wed). No notification was sent back then, only found out when I asked her about the decrease in her income after receiving her paperwork for the annual review. My income has increased by $10,000. We have 50/50 shared custody and do the straight offset for CS and NDI for SS. SS was terminated in June 2012. No explanation for why she quit her second job. My question is: would this be considered an intentional reduction in income?

is her first job a full time 40hr a week job??

Comment

no it isn't

Comment

She should be working full time hours. Quitting a job would be grounds for intentional un/underemployment. She may have been given a few months to find a new part-time job, but 7+ months later is too much. She should be imputed with additional income.

Comment

if her job would have been full time 40hrs a week then I would have said you are out of luck. Given that it isnt, then she should be at least imputed minimum wage at 40hrs a week.

Comment

Assuming she makes more than minimum wage at her current job, you would only add minimum wage pay to the additional hours to top her up to 40hrs a week.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X