This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teenager moved out for 2 months -reimburse child support

Payor / father is going to court to get reimbursement of child support for the two month period that teenager moved out of house. Is this allowed? Thank you.

Sure it is allowed... He can as for whatever he wants... doesn't mean he is going to get it.

Where did the child move to?

Comment

Child is 15 yrs old and moved to boyfriend's house (20 yrs old--to "stay" with him. Came back to mom's within 6 weeks. Father mad that he had to pay mom when child not home.

Comment

The father is being stupid on purpose.

It is not reasonable to not pay CS in this situation. You still maintained the home, the child still needs clothing and other things while he was not at home that you provided. The only thing you saved (perhaps) is food costs.

What a waste of time to talk about court over this - it is obvious that even if he wins, he loses money in time, effort, and possible lawyer fees. Silly man, he is his own enemy.

Comment

Yeah, there are more important things to worry about...like why a 15 year old is being allowed to "move in" with her legal adult boyfriend.

/me sees a future "Teen Mom" episode in the OP's future

Comment

Yeah, Dad is being stupid. Would he expect child support to go unpaid if the child was on a school exchange trip for two months? Dad's an ass and like NBDad said, both Mom AND Dad should be more concerned about their 15 year old child being with a 20 year old man before they become grandparents. Ew.
            Last edited by blinkandimgone; 06-03-2011, 09:46 AM. Reason: the voices told me to....

Comment

Which begs the question why the docket Judge set it to a hearing. And when I argued the excellent point mentioned above that if a child goes on a summer trip or goes into hospital for an extended period, are we going to see a boatload of payors asking for CS variation, he told me to "stop editorializing". However he did set it for Sept which I suspect is on the hope that Payor will flake off and withdraw application. Grrrr.

Comment

Ouch - a 15 yr old can only consent to sexual relations with a partner up to 19. 20 is illegal. Technically....

"The age of consent in Canada is the age at which the criminal law recognizes the legal capacity of a young person to consent to sexual activity. Under the Criminal Code of Canada anyone under the age of 16 cannot legally consent to any form of sexual activity, from kissing to intercourse. It means that adults are criminally liable if they have sex with someone under that age. The offence carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison.
                The law has a "close-in-age" exemption of less than five years, which permits teens to engage in consensual sex with a partner who is less than five years older as long as the older partner is not in a position of trust or authority and the relationship is not exploitive."

Comment

I guess the police won't lay a charge unless one of them admits sexual relations.

Comment

So I find myself wondering, why do we criticize BOTH parents in this situation for allowing the daughter to move in with the boyfriend, when elsewhere on this forum we are always pointing out that it's hard to enforce access arrangements with teenagers who can just run away to the home they prefer.

As for the original question, I think the mother should tell the father she gave the six weeks of CS to the boyfriend for having the daughter in residence during that time! That ought to point out how ridiculous the request is.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X