This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr.

Is there a referal service for psycologist or psychiatrists to help people dealing with divorce. I live in Ottawa and can find ads but looking for something with referances etc

If you have a medical doctor - this is the place to start. If you do not then go to your local medical clinic, both places you will be asking for a referal - you need a referal to access these services (this 99.9% sure). The last thing that I have used myself is calling the phone number 211. This is a new province wide referal system in they can at least guide you to the right places and services within your community - it is a very good start if you have no other help - other posters may have specific community contacts.

Comment

You won't be able to ask for references (think about it ... a psychologist is not going to give you the names of 3 of their patients and ask them to talk to a stranger - you - about their experience)

Ask your family dr for some names.

Comment

I think the OP was hoping for reference from maybe one of us "we liked this doctor X - again it would take a person to be willing to say just "dr X" or even going "private message" to go into possibly greater detail. Something that may be just to sensitive between strangers on a public forum.

Comment

sorry, I was just hoping that there might have been a site with some Dr. and how people feel they were treated etc. Thanks for the help, keep finding out more shit and lies that happened during the marriage that I didn't know about and hoping to help me move on

Comment

tina here is a site that does ratings by people I found bt accident one day:
            Dr. Walter Rosser - Kingston, ON Family / G.P. - 6 doctor reviews | RateMDs.com

Having been going through these very issues myself I can only pass this one piece of personal experience: You are hoping to get to the end of the road without making the journey. The journey is the most difficult and the most rewarding. A doctor may have outstanding review/recommendation but that really means nothing to you personally.

You are unique with a set of issues and needs, the doctor may have very strong ratings but no experience helping with you issue. Even if the same problem/doctor experience match 100%, some people like Ford other like Honda or Toyota's; all are good cars but you only get along with GM mechanics.

The field in which we seek help the above can not be more true. Lots of excellent surgeon's can do a top rate knee surgery but psychology is not so definate. The best start is your Family physician who if you are lucky, may just know a doctor that may be an excellent fit but ultimately you will need to spend time untill you find one you are comfortable with, that you actually find is actually helping you "get through this and move on". May I be so bold as to pass on something that I began to see sometime ago?

The "shit and lies" will not stop, may even increase in nature and intensity as time goes on and this has nothing to do with your moving on. You face a legal battle which will sort out the above but you need to only worry about you and what you do, what choices you make from today, from this point going forward. Stop wasting your precious energy on "the shit and lies".

Comment

There is this website:

Rated Ontario Doctors | RateMDs.com

Comment

Just checkin - we both have listed the same site - except perhaps I may have done some advertising for my GP with my link! Go Dr...... ok he is my gp, the best I ever had by far.

should point out you can reverse check to see what doctors are in an area by what specialty but when it comes to "are they accepting new patients" never go by that = make the call or better, go in person.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X