Family Group Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Group Conference

Has anyone participated in this, that could give me some insight? I haven't heard of it before, a social worker recently suggested it.

http://torontoccas.ca/index.php/en-c...p-conferencing

It sounds great....in theory. But I cannot see this working in some high conflict cases...e.g. I do not want to see what would happen if I put my mom and sister in the same breathing space as my ex.

Comment

I did a bit of research on this last night, I think it could be useful if it was done separately. i.e. here is a safety net plan at Mom's house and one at Dad's. But I agree, it would just end up being a pissing contest, if we were all in the same room.

I find CAS useful with their resources, i.e. helping with respite care, getting funding, finding resources, school placements etc but not so good at helping Dad. Or maybe its because he doesn't need/want the help.

Comment

Is dad abusing or neglecting the childdren ?

Comment

Originally posted by tunnelight View Post
          Is dad abusing or neglecting the childdren ?
          No.

(I need 10 characters to finish this post, ignore this sentence)

Comment

If there is no abuse or neglect, then I would not be turning to CAS for help.

Comment

Originally posted by tunnelight View Post
              If there is no abuse or neglect, then I would not be turning to CAS for help.
              Why? Just curious. I find them helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by kate331 View Post
                Why? Just curious. I find them helpful.
                I feel associated with the type of people I don't want to be likened with.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X