This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farewell logicalvelocity

It is with great sadness, I inform this forum that logicalvelocity will post here no more. He took his own life as, he felt he had nothing left to feed this child custody litigation industry. He leaves behind a son and a daughter whom I got to know and, whom all he wanted was to support and be there for them in their lives...here is a quote from one of his last emails to me (I only removed the children's names, the rest speaks to his emotional state)...

...as i was abondon by my own Dad and its something that haunted me all my life and my sister too I also think I will lose, i will also lost (son) and (daughter) i have nothing left to give my will to survive is gone I cant afford what they want...

I struggled for days trying to come up with a fitting eulogy. Even wondered if I should post this. I need to honor him as my friend that I met here, and now return here. How like many others, when I needed help; I got lucky befriending logicalvelocity to the extent that he enriched me and my circle so much...

This Industry Kills...stop the madness...I will miss you John

Sillyme

Rest in peace John.

Comment

Rest in peace John, hopefully in his death we will march harder so it was not in vain. I am very saddened by this as it very much hits home. We need to stick together, and even though we may argue on this board we are all here for a common purpose to help each other and to get help and support.

Comment

I actually has to reread the post numerous times for it to sink in. It is a very hard and long journey to go through a divorce. Rest in peace John, I am very saddened to hear this.

Comment

While I cannot not, and will never agree with how he met his end, I hope he finds the peace he was looking for. RIP

Comment

RIP John. You will be missed.

Sillyme, my condolences for losing a friend and thank you for sharing.

Comment

LV was one of the sage posters who provided me with information I needed to slay my dragon. He was ever ready to help, and I have no problem stating that without his input I would be in a different situation today.

I have been exactly where John was, and was convinced that the best thing I could do for my kids was to die, so as to end the turmoil and provide for them financially. Fortunately for me, I recieved help in that area as well, and so didn't take that drastic, final, measure.

If he had recieved as much help as he provided others, he'd still be here today.

I am sad. Very sad.

Gary

Comment

My heart goes out to his children, family & friends. Such a tremendous loss to all.

Comment

I am speechless, angry and very sad. He gave so much to this community. Why such a valuable person has to go. When I was in his shoes few years back I felt the same way as he did now but I didn't act upon the last minute I quit. I wish he'd changed his mind the last minute too. He is a great loss to all of us.

Comment

I'm speechless. So sad for his kids. Agree that he was a wonderful resource on this forum, and it's a dark day for "Family Law" that the system results in such tragedies. RIP ...

Comment

How incredibly sad. I did not know him but can relate to the hopelessness that for many, is too heavy a weight to carry. Being in court for a long length of time often feels like having a disease. It drains. It cripples. Changes people. R.I.P.

Comment

So sorry to hear... His posts were always good to read. Must have been a GOOD man to help so many of us here. What a loss. RIP

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this. RIP.

Comment

wow cant believe that he would do such a thing. Life is tough and its sad when someone lets it get the better of them.

Comment

It makes me sad to read this. How unfortunate that he didn't have any close friends, irl, to talk to, discuss and manage his monkeys. His children don't deserve this. RIP.
                              Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X