Question about new court filing process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about new court filing process

Papers for Motion to Change child support and section 7 were filed with the courts and served to Respondent. Responder emails Applicant with response forms late then a day later sends an email saying the court wouldn’t accept his paperwork as it’s past the deadline. Poor excuses were provided as to why he missed the deadline. He said that the courthouse told him that all he has to do is email the Applicant and ask for an extension of a few weeks and the Applicant needs to just reply and say yes. Then the Respondent shows email to courthouse and the date is extended. Can anyone confirm if this is actually the process? And if so, does it go on record that the Reapondant filed late? The concern is that this likely won’t be the only time the Respondent will not follow the court rules therefore it’s important that these situations are tracked. As the processes have changed so much this year any insight would be appreciated.

The concern is that this likely won’t be the only time the Respondent will not follow the court rules therefore it’s important that these situations are tracked
    This won't matter in the family court process. Lots of people fail to abide by timelines... it has very little impact on the outcome.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. Do you know if the process I outlined above is the new process for extending deadlines or how I would be able to find out?

Comment

It's not a new process. Many deadlines (not all) can be extended with the consent of the other party.

Comment

I’m not disputing consent but rather looking to find out what the correct process is in extending dates. I do not just want to go by what the Reapondant is telling me and it’s difficult to find answers with many services limited at this time.

Comment

Every courthouse can be slightly different. I'm not sure.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X