View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 10:11 PM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

This is for the parents with picky toddlers who need to get veggies in- and in my case you have some severe allergies.

This one is dairy, egg, nuts, and mustard free.

2 medium Yukon gold potatoes
1 lb ground pork- I dont bother with lean as my little one is already on skinny side
1/2 head broccoli- cut into florets
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 onion finely diced (leeks are even better in this recipe. but simplicity is the name of the game)
1/4 tsp chopped Thai Birdseye chilli pepper (or 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes)
1 tsp nutritional yeast (you can leave this out- BUT it adds a nice subtle cheesey taste and loads of vitamins and minerals)
2 tablespoons of some type of fat or oil- I love using duck fat that you can buy easily from the supermarket, but olive oil works
Salt and pepper to taste

When ready to Fry
Crushed Saltine Crackers
Oil or fat of choice (duck fat or high quality lard for me)

Peel, cube, and boil potatoes in salted water till easy to mash.

Steam broccoli until easy to mash.

Mash potatoes. Mash broccoli (separate from potatoes- I like to used a mini food processor). Mix the mashes together. Let cool.

Fry garlic, onions and pepper over medium high heat in hot duck fat, for 5-7 minutes. Make sure garlic doesnt burn.

Add to the mash mixture. Add nutritional yeast. Mash some more. Add raw ground pork. Mix really well by hand. Add about 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp ground black pepper.

Take a small ball and microwave for 20 seconds. Taste the cooked patty for seasoning. I like to add a tsp of soy sauce too.

Grab a tablespoon and portion out into slightly flattened patties. I freeze these on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and store in freezer bags.

When youre ready to eat. Defrost and roll in crushed saltine crackers. Fry for 10 minutes turning frequently. Be gentle because there arent any eggs to hold it together.

These taste great with a salad for mom or dad. And fruit on the side for little ones.

Other variations we love are - white sweet potatoes + roasted cauliflower and garlic + ground chicken thighs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk