Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living Nightmare! 4 Kids Taken By False Sexual Abuse Allegations By Exwife!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living Nightmare! 4 Kids Taken By False Sexual Abuse Allegations By Exwife!

First let me start with a brief background summary.

I have 4 kids (all under 9yrs) with my ex, who is extremely narcissistic, controlling of the children, and generally jealous of their love for me. I moved out and ended our marriage 2 years ago, after being made to feel like a lower member of the house than the dog. There were many ups and towns since then, but generally I maintained a constant relationship with the kids, having them 2-3 days a week, and sleepovers mostly (if she decided to allow it).

* Out of the blue, shortly after my two girls (2 and 6yr old) came over for a sleep over, I get a call from the police saying the 2yr old told her mother I sexually touched her.
    * About a week later, the boys reportedly told the mother that I touch them too and they saw me touching their sister on a previous weekend.
    * The police did a forensic test immediately and after the first weekend and those results showed my innocence. At this point CAS was open to me having supervised access with a family member. The mother refused this.
    * I paid a top polygraph examiner to test me about sexual abuse. I passed the test with a very low deception score.
    * CAS closed the file stating that I have no access so they have no role presently. They advised me to contact my lawyer to get access back. They state the results of their investigation are 'inconclusive'.
    * I filed a custody/access application against their mother, demanding access to children again.
    * Exwife hires man-eating bulldog lawyer. They file answer with court stating that the children are attending sexual abuse counseling at a crisis center, but 'the results are not finalized'. The word the entire answer as if the abuse as in fact occurred.
    * The allegations seem to have changed 3 times. Originally it was just about the 2 year old daughter's statement about touching on the first weekend. Then it was all the children including the boys. Now in her answer filed, it seems its just the girls now, yet nowhere is there a mention of my oldest girl ever claiming such.
    * She is asking for termination of access, and saying that I should not even have supervised with family because we will grill the children with questions.
    * My affidavit includes 30+ pieces of evidence including phone recordings, emails and her facebook screenshots.
    ** One phone recording is from a past incident that has her hysterically accusing me of putting the kids at risk of molestation, simply because i had my gf's daughter over for a sleepover. She witheld sleepovers for several months because of the great risk i allegedly put the kids in.
    ** Another phone recording is from a weekend where she, on the phone, coached my son into repeating that he did not want to come over to see me, then saying he's not coming because he doesn't want to. She repeats the same phrase 12 times to the 1yr old to convince him he does not want to see daddy. its hard to describe here but the call is very sickening and is pretty clear proof of alienating behavior.
    ** I have a forum post made by her from when we were married where she details her suspicion that our 2yr old son is a sexual deviant and predator. All this because he showed some normal curiousity. Again the post is quite sickening but hard to summarize here.
    ** I have many many examples of her controlling/alienating behavior, such as emails scolding me for feeding them "grocery store meat". (I'm only allowed to feed them food from sources she approves, this is part of her parenting requirements).
    ** She admitted in her answer that she herself was sexually abused by a male family member, but denies any plays into her actions.
    ** She insists that she home school the kids using an "unschooling" approach. I have her admitting to doing "unschooling" on facebook. My oldest son cannot read and my daughter has extreme shyness around strangers. In her answer she is blaming those behaviors on the alleged sexual abuse. I'm opposing the homeschooling and basing my argument for custody largely on this issue.
    * There are prior incidences of her calling CAS on me for trivial reasons, which CAS closed without concern. She's been trying to get me "in trouble" for some time, and it seems now she's found something sickening enough to lie about that people seemed too shocked to disbelieve.

At this point, I'm waiting for the case conference and the CAS disclosure of their files on our family. This has been a complete nightmare for me as you can imagine. So, any feedback or advise will be helpful, but I have a few specific questions:

A) Will all of my evidence of her alienating and damaging behaviors even matter to the court? I'm hearing alot of stories on here about court ignoring evidence and im getting worried. My allegations against her are not as shocking as hers, but mine are 100% truthful and backed up with hard evidence. Will the judge consider her past alienating/vindictive/persecuting behaviors when looking at her allegations? Remember she is the only person (AFAIK) that the kids allegedly said these things too.

B) When is the realistic time frame of when I will see my kids again (even supervised)? Its already been 5 months and I'm sure the kids miss me very much. We had great relationship and I gave all 4 much love and attention all the time.

C) If it is revealed that their mother exaggerated/overreacted/manipulated these accusations, will their be any redress? Will this influence the court to give me custody?

Any help or advise is needed, or just to talk. I'm really having trouble hanging on the this fight. Only the love for my 4 kids is sustaining me, but I feel if i dont get some help/support soon, I might not be able fight on much longer.

It matters - these types of pieces of evidence because they show what is being done to the kids.

Can you not get an independent psychosocial assessment done?

Sit back, assume your relationship with your children will be completely destroyed and you will have to go about restoring it, It will take time but ideally eventually after sometime (months or years) your name will be cleared.

If I were you I would ask for sole custody if the evidence you have is as solid as you say it is.

Comment

We did ask for an order for an assessment, but asking exwife to pay for it. She answered she can't afford it. It seems if one is to be done, I'll have to pay for it. I imagine the cost for 4 kids will be prohibitively large. Any one have an estimate of the cost?

Comment

Sorry to hear of your situation.
        Does your wife have a blank cheque for her legal? (Legal Aid).
        Assessments can be expensive and lengthy.
        So your current situation is no access pending the sexual assault centre report???? and CAS (who have closed your file because you have no access?) That makes little sense to me.

The LAST place I'd want my children to receive any form of coaching (aka counselling) would be at one of those places particularly as sexual interference/assault has not be proven.

I'd have the Order you are seeking have a cease and desist part about the so-called 'counselling' and instead have children assessed by a qualified child psychiatrist/psychologist who specializes in this area. Yes it will be expensive but it might be the only way to stop the brain-washing.

It sickens me to read, yet again, of a mother using false allegations of sexual abuse to advance her child custody.

Comment

I had mine done in Quebec for about 3000$ with a qualified reputable experienced psychologist. It basically destroyed any chance my ex had for relegating me to every other weekend idiocy but the judge pulled some manoeuvres to not give me shared anyways.

Comment

False allegations of sexual abuse seem to be the rule rather than the exception lately. Need to see more of these cases have some serious consequences. Taking away custody from the accuser works somewhat but only leads to years of continued abuse at their hands (see WD). Ordering costs doesn't seem to have an effect. We've seen at least one case where a misbehaving parent was put on probation over interference with access. What will get the message across? Jail time? Firing squad?

Comment

I went through some of the same meat grinder. I had voluntary no access for nearly a year while I collected expert evidence to try and clear my name. I have been to rebuild a very good relationship with the children involved, luckily they were very young and don't seem to have much memory of it. It happened nearly 4 years ago.

Collect your evidence, get it to the right people, don't give up or waver for a moment, but be patient. It can take months or even a year or two to right these kinds of wrongs.

Love for your children is important but don't neglect taking good care of yourself. Avoid drugs and alcohol, try to stay social with whoever you can, try to get sleep/exercise. If you need help coping, work with doctors to get meds and/or counselling. Consider taking parenting classes. You might learn a thing or two and they always look good to a judge.
              Last edited by FightingForFamily; 05-19-2015, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Exwife does not have legal aid AFAIK.

I've read that I can ask for the children's lawyer to perform the assessment for free, has anyone experience with that?

It seems the "access pending" thing was my wife's idea. She is the only party in this not allowing supervised interim access.

We have included an order to cease the "counseling", but I fear by the time that comes down the river, it may be too late.

I will definitely keep everyone posted as the case progresses.

Comment

I had voluntary no access for nearly a year while I collected expert evidence to try and clear my name. I have been to rebuild a very good relationship with the children involved, luckily they were very young and don't seem to have much memory of it. It happened nearly 4 years ago.

Collect your evidence, get it to the right people, don't give up or waver for a moment, but be patient. It can take months or even a year or two to right these kinds of wrongs.
                  FightingForFamily, may you elaborate on your evidence strategies? Which experts did you see? It seems hopeless as I really don't know what to ask an expert for, they could not even interview the kids.

Comment

I'm trying to understand this part:

CAS closed the file stating that I have no access so they have no role presently. They advised me to contact my lawyer to get access back. They state the results of their investigation are 'inconclusive'.

"Inconclusive" should read "no abuse verified" .. as they did not verify any abuse .. would be my thinking.

My ex had shut down access as well when she contacted CAS. I had no access but interviews/CP investigation still occurred regardless. Those investigations were thorough, formal and found nothing even close to abuse. In fact they caught on to ex and formulated a very nice report with many "trial-worthy" comments/findings. (Not that I want to go to trial .. I want this over!)

You need CAS to investigate this and disclose the truth, whether you're getting access or not.

Comment

A: I am afraid not. The court likes to focus on present and future. But do include that anyway because you may get a judge who will find some weight in it.

B: That all depends on what is going on, how long the counseling will last and so on.

C: Absolutely. If you manage to clear all this and prove that she put the kids through these psychological crisis (here her past may come handy) she should lose the kids. You will have to prepare to make a perfect statement on how what she does has damaged you, the kids and so on.

Now focus to prove your innocence. Unfortunately I don't know how. Hopefully the kids will speak out how they were coached all these things. Ask the judge to order a professional assessment if you can a afford it. If proven that she lied, the cost she will be hers then. Got a mutual friend who could record her her and get the truth.

Feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk because PA especially this kind sickens me.

Comment

Originally posted by thebookworm View Post
                        FightingForFamily, may you elaborate on your evidence strategies? Which experts did you see? It seems hopeless as I really don't know what to ask an expert for, they could not even interview the kids.
                        Since you are essentially stuck in the drama of being considered guilty until proven innocent, it is really hard to know what you need.

Some people will suggest polygraphs relating to the allegations would be helpful.

In my case, I did what is called a criminal risk assessment with a qualified forensic psychologist. This included clinical interviews, checklists, several personality tests and took several sessions to complete. At the end, the psychologist prepared a report of his findings and his opinion on my level of criminal risk around children.

He was later interviewed by police and CAS about the report, as there were never any charges or hearings in my case. Pretty soon thereafter my access was restored from CAS perspective.

If it's your ex denying, and not CAS or a court order, you need a motion for interim access ASAP.
                        Last edited by FightingForFamily; 05-26-2015, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Thank you responding.

*I have taken and passed a polygraph and the report is part of my affidavit
                          *Approximately how much $$ was your forensic psychologist fees?
                          *It is my ex denying, not CAS. My lawyer indicates that its less risky to have an emergency case conference to restore access, rather than a pre-conference motion for access. She says that you can't normally enter motions before a case conference and we wont have the benefit of a judge looking over the complete facts of my case, and the facts work in my favor, where as my exwife's testimony relies on shocking but false allegations.

Comment

Seems to be a popular strategy in family Law.

SHOCK & AWE!

Throw as many outlandish, shocking allegations as possible and see what sticks. They want to set the tone that "it's so serious and shocking that it must be true".

Why? No consequences. Just like abduction. A circus. But a circus that ruins lives.

Comment

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
                              Seems to be a popular strategy in family Law.

SHOCK & AWE!

Throw as many outlandish, shocking allegations as possible and see what sticks. They want to set the tone that "it's so serious and shocking that it must be true".

Why? No consequences. Just like abduction. A circus. But a circus that ruins lives.
                              Happens a lot before going to trial or motion. Vast majority of judges don't buy the b.s. anymore. Try to pull this stunt in front of Czutrin these days and see what happens.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X