venting - COVID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• venting - COVID

Read the Notice to Professions in my area, so I know my case conference is going ahead, and what my filing size/restrictions are. Trials are postpoined.

I mean, I'm not a lawyer, but when it clearly states Case Conferences will continue - I believe they will continue.

Opposing lawyer latches on and says it might be adjourned for a later date then uses that as an excuse to not disclose... ???? and puts THAT reason in the brief... ... (insert boggle) to state why the endorsement from march 29 wasn't followed....

Then sends me a Case Meeting brief that is 35 pages, when the Notice to Professions clearly states its 10 pages (with exclusions of course) but attached tables, cases and letters back and forth....... they did this in March as well, then had to rush to fix it, which I am sure cost my ex $$$.

Just wondering if others are feeling my pain so I may giggle at some... stupidity? How can the PROFESSIONAL not read the NOTICE to profession fully when they QUOTE it in the brief?

Hope this gave a smile to one or two people.. I know I'm giggling but also know that the case meeting will accomplish nothing.

Can you respond with a link to the notice to profession with a curt “in case you hadn’t received this” and then point out that nothing in the updates guidelines absolves his client of not following the previous endorsement?

Comment

Sure did.

I know, like last time in March, they will then ask for a late file. Hence why I sent an email immediately after they served me a 35 page document.

Beautiful day for a giggle and beverage though.

Comment

I should update this for a few more giggles...

Case Meeting was at 11 am.

Turns out, Respondent's book keeper sent a letter to my CPA - left me off the disclosure intentionally.. again....... and told the CM judge that the letter fulfilled the CPA request for disclosure as endorsed by the previous judge. Judge gave the lawyer a direction to disclose directly to me from now on, but didn't put it in the endorsement. (sad face) so I know it wont be done.

By 11:05 next date was set.

I get the letter, its nothing. Not one document or information CPA needs for the income assessment the respondent requested I get done.

Yep. Ta Dah!

Now, they ask for mediation with an arbitration element.. without financial disclosure... ? When we have an endorsement to wait until they provide financial disclosure and the report is done... ..... (motion to disclose is coming with costs).....

.... As the World Turns....

Comment

Yes indeed Brampton33... the pain is real. All I can do is laugh and identify the tactics as best I can. But alas, right now, its him racking up lawyer fees and not me. While I do have a limited scope, I'm not running for advice after every stupid stalling tactic.

But they are worth giggles, when you see it coming.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X