View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 05:18 PM
#1StepMom #1StepMom is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 885
#1StepMom is on a distinguished road

I just read in the Family Law Rules that if a party wishes to retain a lawyer (a new lawyer or a change in representation) or if a party wishes to represent themselves... they need to file with the court a Notice of Change in Representation (Form 4) and serve the form on the other party before they can request for the other party to forward any paperwork to them instead of to the lawyer of record. Each party is required by law to serve the necessary paperwork on the lawyer of record (or on the party if they are/were self-representing) unless they are served with Form 4 informing them to do otherwise.