No announcement yet.

pre and after school care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah the blind arrogance of new people who think they know everything.

You came here looking for answers and got some but you ended up challenging them all. If you can’t find case law easily it’s because there either is none or the cases are not available.

Might be a good idea to get a lawyer who can assist. May also want to listen to them if they say it’s a no go.

And don’t send me any more direct messages. I have zero interest in reading your ridiculous (and borderline controlling) views on your ex.

Comment

Rockscan,
      I have asked you before and am asking you again.
      If you are going to be belligerent don't post in threads I start.
      You are definitely the most hostile and condescending person on this board.

Here is the message the very balanced and in control Rockscan objected to:

I understand your train of thought but really I am not assuming. When you have 10 years of child care experience with someone and there is history after separation showing they chose not to spend time with their kids....that means something.

If you want to say that I am in danger of being presumptuous or I would look bad in front of a judge for saying that instead of providing an example OK....that would be good advice.

take care.....I am trying not to give them free rent in my head.

I do know for a fact her employer will let her care for the children as do work for them and have both read and been informed of all their policies.

take care.

Comment

thanks Brampton33....it is always hard to tell what a judge will say....even for lawyers....last time I heard a lawyer say that they were certain, they were wrong.
        I am simply looking for the caselaw at this point. Different areas rule differently.

I am not about to easily accept paying $400/month so the ex can have the kid looked after for 10 hours a month in a school program and I would certainly not want to incur a child care expense like that unless I am sure to get it back.

Like Brampton33 also said I also agree I do not want to look unreasonable either way.

So going on....I looked in CANLII but don't seem to be able to find anything ruling one way or the other unless it is against one side that did something outrageous....how far does this have to go back....WFH is relatively new and COVID sure is.

CANLII:
        Here is what one judge stated, so is that judge wrong?
        "afterschool care is not needed because the mother works from home and can care for the kids" is the only item I have found but it only has "reasons for a decision" for this case. Where is the rest?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X