No announcement yet.

Your Ex Probably Doesn’t Have A Personality Disorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Separation/divorce is a very emotional time. We look for answers as to why our relationships failed and how it turned into such a nightmare.

People come here to vent, I think thats OK. Better here then in a paper trail to court or negotiations.

I know I have vented to friends and family that I think my ex is a Deadbeat and a Narcissist, I once told my lawyer that my ex was a narcissit and she (a women of few words) said; "They all say that".

Comment

Some people are just vindictive, petty and vengeful. In a divorce they feed that beast by attempting to hurt the other person.

My partner tends to go to the place of “I want to hurt her like she hurt me” and I remind him there’s no point. Why waste your time trying to diagnose their problems when you can spend that time and energy doing something you enjoy?

Comment

I have to say that I am different now since coming to this site about a year and a half ago. I was of that same mindset - defend, lash out, email constantly, always to justify and defend my good name. I couldn’t stand the thought of lies being written about me. (I couldn’t stand it on this forum either - haha). But life is so much better now that I constantly ignore. I actually notice the physiological effects of stress going away. It has been infinitely freeing to have made the pact with myself to not respond to the bullshit and only respond about business. It’s infuriating for my ex because he’s not getting the reactions and drama he wants - but too bad for him. Better to invest your energy into the positives in your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X