X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need an advice before I will start divorce procedure

Hello everyone
    I need advice.. before I will start divorce procedure.
    We have been married for last 5 years.. I loved him so much that I have dropped school (University) in Poland and came here for him. I am 25 years old and he is 35.
    When I came here right away I knew it wasn't as he said it will be .. He started his own company and haven't had clients and no steady income, but when you are in love.. you think that everything will work out. So while waiting form my resident status 5 years ago he was sole bread winner but just because his income was so low, my parents were allowing me to take money from their account. (When I have moved in, he already lived in Co-op Building-subsidized apartments).
    When i got my papers I got back to school and to work full time and supported us financially.. because my husband was saying that his company will work out one day. From time to time he got same small money coming in.. but it was never enough ( $300). I have asked him for help many times, I said i am not able to pay for both of us.. I am sponsoring him - although he legally is my sponsor to Canada.

Phone , Internet , cell phones (mine and his) are on my name, through this five years I have build up my credit because I was working full time. At the same time I was studying full time ( got OSAP). I bought all the furniture's and I am paying for rent. I just applied for a membership in my building. I am not making lots of money but just enough for my self to live off usually 1600 an month. But this is not enough for two people so I have put many groceries and bills on my credit cards.
    Hello everyone
    I need advice.. before I will start divorce procedure.
    We have been married for last 5 years.. I loved him so much that I have dropped school (University) in Poland and came here for him. I am 25 years old and he is 35.
    When I came here right away I knew it wasn't as he said it will be .. He started his own company and haven't had clients and no steady income, but when you are in love.. you think that everything will work out. So while waiting form my resident status 5 years ago he was sole bread winner but just because his income was so low, my parents were allowing me to take money from their account. (When I have moved in, he already lived in Co-op Building-subsidized apartments).
    When i got my pepars I got back to school and to work full time and supported us financially.. because my husband was saying that his company will work out one day. From time to time he got same small money coming in.. but it was never enough ( $300). I have asked him for help many times, I said i am not able to pay for both of us.. I am sponsoring him - although he legally is my sponsor to Canada.

Phone , Internet , cell phones (mine and his) are on my name, through this five years I have build up my credit because I was working full time. At the same time I was studying full time ( got OSAP). I bought all the furniture's and I am paying for rent. I just applied for a membership in my building. I am not making lots of money but just enough for my self to live off usually 1600 an month. But this is not enough for two people so I have put many groceries and bills on my credit cards.

I even got my husband a job- but unfortunately it is commissioned paid and he is not doing anything! not even trying.
    I bought a car because he said that if he will have a car he will have a mobilization. His credit is very bed and I am a student so his Mom cosigned the purchase of vehicle three months ago- but my husband some how called in to the dealer and his name is on the papers as owner. Only I gave down payment on the car from my income tax return.

My question is if I can take all the furniture's? and all stuff that I have bought while being married and how to resolve car issue? Just because I am a student I deserve to stay in this rental apartment (Co-op), but do I have a right If he was here first?

Last four years I paid for everything! and all the debts on the credit cards are on my name- just because as I said he does not have any credit cards and has bad credit. I loved him so much that I would do everything for him, but this is too much and i know he does not care about me. So I want divorce i think I would be better of by myself.

I don't expect any money "spousal support" from him just because he doesn't have anything- although He should help me out just because he never did before and he should assume whole of my debts on credit card because everything like groceries he was eating too. I am even paying for he insurance on the car, and its with my name. I don't have Canadian drivers licence because all my money i have invested in him and as well in his company paying for domain on his websites.

What I am supposed to do? What I can get on the end? he told me that if i will divorce him I am going have to to continue to support him although my income is now not steady I am working par time and on average making 1500 a month.

I even got my husband a job- but unfortunately it is commissioned paid and he is not doing anything! not even trying.
    I bought a car because he said that if he will have a car he will have a mobilization. His credit is very bed and I am a student so his Mom cosigned the purchase of vehicle three months ago- but my husband some how called in to the dealer and his name is on the papers as owner. Only I gave down payment on the car from my income tax return.

My question is if I can take all the furniture's? and all stuff that I have bought while being married and how to resolve car issue? Just because I am a student I deserve to stay in this rental apartment (Co-op), but do I have a right If he was here first?

Last four years I paid for everything! and all the debts on the credit cards are on my name- just because as I said he does not have any credit cards and has bad credit. I loved him so much that I would do everything for him, but this is too much and i know he does not care about me. So I want divorce i think I would be better of by myself.

I don't expect any money "spousal support" from him just because he doesn't have anything- although He should help me out just because he never did before and he should assume hal of my debts on credit card because everything like groceries he was eating too. I am even paying for he insurance on the car, and its with my name. I don't have Canadian drivers licence because all my money i have invested in him and as well in his company paying for domain on his websites.

What I am supposed to do? What I can get on the end? he told me that if i will divorce him I am going have to to continue to support him although my income is now not steady and I am working par time and on average making 1500 a month.

Hi,

The short answer is everything you have and everything you own is equally both of yours - he gets half of everything (furniture, credit card debt, car) as do you.

As for support, if there was spousal support it would be you paying him because you were supporting him. Given your low income, the fact that he is still working or at least trying and his career did not suffer because of the marriage, I would not worry about spousal support, I think that he would not be entitled to it.

I would worry about splitting up what you have, the hardest part of that is splitting up the debts if they are not in both your names and you both don't cooperate in doing it. You should move as it was his place before you were together.
    Last edited by billm; 05-26-2009, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X